News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Whats That Bug? with Kai.

Started by Kai, February 18, 2010, 03:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 19, 2010, 06:26:46 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 19, 2010, 05:42:38 AM
so hobo spiders are dangerous? sh*t, im having unfun with this insects can hurt you bit D:

They can make your flesh necrotize.

Don't click.

http://declubz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/spider-bite.jpg

They don't usually though; it's  fairly rare reaction.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 19, 2010, 07:14:43 PM

Okay, yeah I knew about brown recluses. Afaik, they're the main reason Suu is frightened of spiders.

:cry:

That and Black Widows. They're all over Florida too. The one time I tried to face my damn fear after the recluse bite was to take a look at the spindly black fucker chillin' all up in my laundry room and hello red hour glass.  :x

Fuck all spiders. Kill them with fire. Even Ungoliant the Orb Weaver who decided to make our backyard home this past fall. Ugly bitch. FIRE!

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

PeregrineBF

I use one of these for most spider disposal. 1300°C should be enough for any spider.

Suu

Quote from: PeregrineBF on February 19, 2010, 07:35:55 PM
I use one of these for most spider disposal. 1300°C should be enough for any spider.

YES!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Hmm.  I feel kinda bad for making Kai's thread about bug hatred.  Sorry. :(

Triple Zero

Don't worry Suu and everybody. My spider is halfway across the earth, so it's perfectly safe for either party :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

Quote from: Suu on February 19, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

Okay, yeah I knew about brown recluses. Afaik, they're the main reason Suu is frightened of spiders.

That and Black Widows. They're all over Florida too. The one time I tried to face my damn fear after the recluse bite was to take a look at the spindly black fucker chillin' all up in my laundry room and hello red hour glass.  :x

Fuck all spiders. Kill them with fire. Even Ungoliant the Orb Weaver who decided to make our backyard home this past fall. Ugly bitch. FIRE!

I'm just gonna say this one more time. There are /no/ Loxosceles reclusa in the southeastern states of South Carolina, Florida, and the lower 7/8ths of Georgia. And when I say there are none here, I mean I am sitting 2 doors down from a good sized spider collection. There have been no collections of L. reclusa in any of those areas, and by the number of people who CLAIM to be bitten by them, you'd think there would be at least one, but no. It's a cultural thing here in the south to think you have been bitten by a brown recluse. Everybody and his brother thinks they've been bitten by one, but when people go looking for the spiders, they find none.

I know you had a horrible experience with a spider, Suu, but not only does that species not occur in Florida, actively seeking out people to attack is NOT brown recluse behavior; there's a reason it's called "recluse". I just want people to stop spreading this misinformation.

Black widows, on the other hand, are deadly and abundant.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on February 19, 2010, 08:32:40 PM

And TASTY!
Molon Lube

Kai

Quote from: Kai on February 19, 2010, 08:32:40 PM
Quote from: Suu on February 19, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

I'm just gonna say this one more time. There are /no/ Loxosceles reclusa in the southeastern states of South Carolina, Florida, and the lower 7/8ths of Georgia. And when I say there are none here, I mean I am sitting 2 doors down from a good sized spider collection. There have been no collections of L. reclusa in any of those areas, and by the number of people who CLAIM to be bitten by them, you'd think there would be at least one, but no. It's a cultural thing here in the south to think you have been bitten by a brown recluse. Everybody and his brother thinks they've been bitten by one, but when people go looking for the spiders, they find none.

I know you had a horrible experience with a spider, Suu, but not only does that species not occur in Florida, actively seeking out people to attack is NOT brown recluse behavior; there's a reason it's called "recluse". I just want people to stop spreading this misinformation.

And when I say no, I mean 10 to 50 specimens in those states over the the last century. For the number of people who claim they've been bitten, that is too small.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Kai

Fuck, now I'm all freaked out about all the black widows around.

That and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus, which is the REAL cause of these incidences of "recluse bites".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on February 19, 2010, 09:04:39 PM

We have to eat nature before it eats us, Kai.
Molon Lube

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2010, 09:08:44 PM

That sounded like social commentary.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on February 19, 2010, 09:35:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2010, 09:08:44 PM

That sounded like social commentary.

Raw survival, sir, raw survival.
Molon Lube

Bruno

That and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus, which is the REAL cause of these incidences of "recluse bites".

Do Staphylococcus aureuses have eight legs and a fiddle on their back? Coz we gots lots of those in Tennessee.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 20, 2010, 01:50:34 AM

Do Staphylococcus aureuses have eight legs and a fiddle on their back? Coz we gots lots of those in Tennessee.

No, but my 80-year-dad survived a MRSA case he picked up in Vegas, so you know, it can't be THAT bad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."