Started by Malaul, July 13, 2004, 04:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaul

http://www.livejournal.com/community/eristicmystics/28588.html
This is where this is taken from for those of us with a LJ

and for those that are lazy *coughbellacough* here is the text again

Discordian Zine Party Rumble 9!
Right, so here's the rundown.

I'm making a zine. For those of you who arent' hip and happening, a zine is an idepently produced pamphlet\book sort of thing that's made by ripping off staples and using their photocopier without paying.
Now, my zine is going to be about Discordianism, mainly in the style of the Principia as that was the grandfather of all zines anyway. It shall be called A Handbook of Heresies. If anyone wants to submit anything, e-mail me at bombasticallyadequate23@yahoo.com or lunaticfringe@riseup.net if what you're sending could get us arrested. As a reward your name will be put in the Book of Life (you'll be given preferential treatment in the world hereafter. Think the Presidential Suite.)

Anyone who would like a copy when it's done, ask at the same e-mail adresses. Cost for a contributor: free; cost for anyone else: not quote sure yet, but just enough to pay for supplies and photocopies should Staples catch me.

Oh, and please spread this message like the plague and the herpes combined. The more people in on this the better.
END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

The gentelman I stole this from also posts on the boards here, but I posted it for him,,,  

I figure that St Hugh and Rev Roger might like to get in on this deal  soooooi

SEND HIM YOUR STUFF!! you know you wanna
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Trollax

*sigh* if I had the time I'd be busier with stuff like this... but... there's only so many hours in a day, and nobody else runs of a 26 hour day...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malaul[url]
I figure that St Hugh and Rev Roger might like to get in on this deal  soooooi

SEND HIM YOUR STUFF!! you know you wanna

We'll see.  I'll need to know a little more.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

John Wilkes Harvey Oswald

what more do you need to know?  I can e-mail you what I have so far.  It's 5 pages of me babbling (10 zine pages) and the Discordia History Philosophies written by and Erisian on Deviant Art (drogo11.deviantart.com)
when you offer pink or blue I'll take the blackest
when you offer only two I'll offer three
when you point me in a direction I'll run backwards
and at the border of utopia I'll toast to anarchy
-Mischief Brew

Malaul

good to see you back BA
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: bombasticallyadequatewhat more do you need to know?  I can e-mail you what I have so far.  It's 5 pages of me babbling (10 zine pages) and the Discordia History Philosophies written by and Erisian on Deviant Art (drogo11.deviantart.com)

Okay, I'll bite...but either you name the topic, or I'm doing American politics.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

slartibartfast(er)

roger, you talking about american politics has convinced me that things are so fucked up at this point there's no choice but to become an anarchist! SMASH THE FILTHY THING

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: slartibartfast(er)roger, you talking about american politics has convinced me that things are so fucked up at this point there's no choice but to become an anarchist! SMASH THE FILTHY THING

RAH!

We will, of course, be crushed like bugs...but, hey, everyone needs a hobby.

gnimbley

::gets popcorn::

I love it when Roger does politics, yes, I do.

Iron Sulfide

whatever happened with this?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Malaul

Im not sure acutally
Ill look into it for ya
Coito ergo sum

Iron Sulfide

i just emailed the guy, no response yet
Ya' stupid Yank.

Malaul

this is the responce I have recieved

Quote from: meFolks on the forums are wondering what happened with this idea...

care to illuminate us?

Quote from: heMy computer crapped out on me and I was torn away from the internet until last week. SO far I've gotten two submissions, and I'm eagerly awaiting anything else sent to bombasticallyadequate23@yahoo.com or lunaticfringe@risuep.net for matters or questionable legality.
Coito ergo sum

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I do the damned thing for you. Just post your articles here and I'll patch them all together in some chaotic order of some sort. Okay?

Sheesh. A zine or chainbook shouldn't be this hard.

So let 'em rip. You know you want to.

Note: Topic changed to sticky
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

John Wilkes Harvey Oswald

My computer's fixed now so I've been compiling things.  I relaly need artwork right now.  I have a few kickass articles and obivously more of those are appreciated, but the zine really needs some sprucing up with proper Erisian rubber stamp collections and doodles.  
ANd hugh, if you want to help putting everyhitng together, that'd rock.  I'm technologically illiterate so St. bastard already said he'd help convert the whole thing into a pdf, but if you want to be one of the distributors, we always need more of those.
when you offer pink or blue I'll take the blackest
when you offer only two I'll offer three
when you point me in a direction I'll run backwards
and at the border of utopia I'll toast to anarchy
-Mischief Brew