Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 22, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

An Error Has Occurred!

Elder Iptuous

I'm in.

do i need to know anything about the SMG thing other than what is in the OP?
I hadn't heard of it before, and did a quick google, and the second result was:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47252
Electrocuted pastor's final prayer: 'Surprise me, God'
Ironic theme in case of Christian minister shocked to death during baptism

So if JHVH is that snarky, i'm afraid of what SME might achieve....

edited for stupid..

Cramulus

I'm in.   :lulz: this is a hilarious idea. You should really make this website.

I will say "Surprise me Eris" every morning

and then spend the rest of the day flinching and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Eris regularly "blesses" me with things. In fact, I've found reality much more sane since I realized that all the weird, unplanned, unexplainable, "3 AM OMGZ the network came down" phone calls are all the fault of the Great Bitch in Limbo.

Q: Why did the electrician turn off the backup power box (which was across the server room) instead of the main box which was offline and waiting for a new part?  
A: Cause Eris is a bitch.

Q: Why did he do it at 3:00 AM?
A: See previous answer.
:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Muir

The last time I told someone to "surprise me" I ended up with 5 Mars Bars.  ^_^  Somehow, I don't think invoking Eris is going to result in the same thing. 

I may or may not do this, not decided yet.  :3 
Remember, there are no stupid questions - but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 02:54:50 PM
Eris regularly "blesses" me with things. In fact, I've found reality much more sane since I realized that all the weird, unplanned, unexplainable, "3 AM OMGZ the network came down" phone calls are all the fault of the Great Bitch in Limbo.

Q: Why did the electrician turn off the backup power box (which was across the server room) instead of the main box which was offline and waiting for a new part?  

Don't blame that shit on Eris. 
Molon Lube

Cain

I predict a terrible ending to any Surprise Me Eris Experiment.

I don't want to give away any spoilers or anything, but don't be surprised if California falls into the sea.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2010, 03:47:20 PM
I predict a terrible ending to any Surprise Me Eris Experiment.

I don't want to give away any spoilers or anything, but don't be surprised if California falls into the sea.

That's kinda like saying "Surprise Me Charles Manson", come to think of it.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:44:00 PM

Oh its her fault, no doubt about it. See there was some 'confusion' over the schematics given to the electrician... and we all know whose responsible for Confusion.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:50:09 PM

Oh its her fault, no doubt about it. See there was some 'confusion' over the schematics given to the electrician... and we all know whose responsible for Confusion.  :lulz:

Incompetence?  Carelessness? 

Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

I thought having a cranky bitch goddess that you can blame all the shit that blindsides us on was the entire point of this religion?!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 22, 2010, 03:55:05 PM

I thought having a cranky bitch goddess that you can blame all the shit that blindsides us on was the entire point of this religion?!

No, that's Christianity.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

well somebody had to put all this confusion here.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2010, 04:02:32 PM
well somebody had to put all this confusion here.

*looks around at 6.75 billion monkeys*

Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 22, 2010, 03:55:05 PM

No, that's Christianity.

Yeah, but christianity requires that you trust that all the horrible shit is ultimately for the greater good, which requires more effort of faith in that you have to believe against the prima fascie truth that the goddess does this shit just for yuks...