News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 22, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 22, 2010, 04:11:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 22, 2010, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:44:00 PM
Don't blame that shit on Eris. 

I thought having a cranky bitch goddess that you can blame all the shit that blindsides us on was the entire point of this religion?!

No, that's Christianity.

Yeah, but christianity requires that you trust that all the horrible shit is ultimately for the greater good, which requires more effort of faith in that you have to believe against the prima fascie truth that the goddess does this shit just for yuks...

No, there's also the whole "the devil made me do it" routine, beloved of hypocritical Baptists and Calvinists.

Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 04:12:57 PM

I thought having a cranky bitch goddess that you can blame all the shit that blindsides us on was the entire point of this religion?!

No, that's Christianity.

Yeah, but christianity requires that you trust that all the horrible shit is ultimately for the greater good, which requires more effort of faith in that you have to believe against the prima fascie truth that the goddess does this shit just for yuks...

No, there's also the whole "the devil made me do it" routine, beloved of hypocritical Baptists and Calvinists.

yeah, that was all to complicated.  so i moved to discordianism where you can just shrug your shoulders and laugh aloofly...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 22, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 04:12:57 PM

No, that's Christianity.

yeah, that was all to complicated.  so i moved to discordianism where you can just shrug your shoulders and laugh aloofly...

When Eris causes problems, civilizations die.

I can't see her being interested in one electrician that can't read a print, or one manager that can't communicate.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2010, 03:47:20 PM
I predict a terrible ending to any Surprise Me Eris Experiment.

I don't want to give away any spoilers or anything, but don't be surprised if California falls into the sea.

That's kinda like saying "Surprise Me Charles Manson", come to think of it.

Except infinitely more varied.  There are only so many times Charlie can invite a gang of savages around your place and play games with cleavers and limbs until it gets...well, not boring exactly, but expected.

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 04:21:18 PM

I can't see her being interested in one electrician that can't read a print, or one manager that can't communicate.

really? because that's where the lulz take place.

I mean there's big institutional lulz, like deciding that corporations are protected by the constitution just like people

and then there's the little things, like the recent Devival fiasco meltdown thread

She's got her fingers in lots of pies, no? I think Eris is in stitches all the time.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2010, 04:24:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 04:21:18 PM

really? because that's where the lulz take place.

I mean there's big institutional lulz, like deciding that corporations are protected by the constitution just like people

and then there's the little things, like the recent Devival fiasco meltdown thread

She's got her fingers in lots of pies, no? I think Eris is in stitches all the time.

Yeah, but Hanlon's Razor explains all that without divine intervention.

Molon Lube

Cain

No no guys, you're all confused.  Its the Devil that's in the details, not merely demonic-acting ancient Greek goddesses.

Dalek

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Pfffft, I'll blame Eris whenever I damn well please.

2/3rds of Greek Goddesses deserve it.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Muir

Ok....  Whilst drinking a glass of Dr Pepper, I thought "why not try this, just for the hell of it?"  Guess what happened?  22 Feb. 2010 at 5:05pm GMT  My supper caught on fire.  A gorgeous beef roast, with carrots and potatoes.  It was cooking away nicely, and I went into the kitchen to check on it to find the kitchen full of smoke.  Opened the oven door and saw flames.  Freaked out, grabbed the roasting tray, placed it on the counter top and covered it with a larger pan to put out the flames.  >_>
Remember, there are no stupid questions - but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...

Cain

Bah, thats not a fire.  Once I had been up all night and decided to make prawn crackers for breakfast, and not only did the oil catch on fire in the saucepan, it then got sucked up into the extractor fan, causing that to die, but not before spitting flames across the ceiling and scorching everything within five foot.

That's a kitchen fire.

Its amazing I got a job where I cook food, really.  Or am allowed to handle sharp objects.

Muir

yeah, that is a very good kitchen fire.  But this is the first time I've had anything that was cooked in the oven catch on fire.  I mean, frying things in oil on a burner, the chances of a fire is fairly high. But in an electric oven set to 180 C? Plus it had only been in there for 3/4's of an hour. Still, it tastes rather good! :D
Remember, there are no stupid questions - but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...

Dimocritus

Ok, I think I'll play along with this. I'll start tomorrow.

Also, Stoat, weren't you gonna send me some fake adverts?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dimocritus

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 22, 2010, 08:54:54 PM
oh heck yeah.  :lulz: I'm in a bit of a clusterfuck atm, but I WILL get onto it.

I have a feeling it's not just ATM  :D
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"