News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 22, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on March 02, 2010, 01:39:27 PM
but rather to grab on and ride that fucker until it breaks.

This already happened to me. It was a bus. :lulz:

LMNO

President Television

Quote from: Cramulus on March 02, 2010, 02:11:26 PMIT'S LIKE PRAYING INTO THE BARREL OF A LOADED GUN

Does anyone else think this would work really well in the news banner thingy?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: CAPTAIN USA on March 02, 2010, 04:14:28 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 02, 2010, 02:11:26 PMIT'S LIKE PRAYING INTO THE BARREL OF A LOADED GUN

Does anyone else think this would work really well in the news banner thingy?
yes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on March 02, 2010, 01:39:27 PM
So, yeah: What I'm gathering from all this is that catching the attention of a Strife goddess (be it archetypical or mystical) isn't really the best of ideas.

Perhaps we should focus on what we did when faced with the unexpected strife?

One of the points of my own brand of Discordianism is not to avoid the chaos, not to clap my hands over my genitals eyes and say, "noooonononononono!" but rather to grab on and ride that fucker until it breaks.

Thoughts?

TAKE IT TO THE WALL!

Also, what I am getting from this experiment is that a lot of Discordians are masochists.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I still have shit going on that's so weird I can't even post about it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

-Kel-

didn't get the job i really wanted, but not fired for bitching people out at my current job. lets see how i do on my midterm.

Cramulus

a lot of the stuff ITT is just run of the mill bad stuff. If you're really surprised by some of this stuff, you must surprise easy.

I've had weird coincidences and turbulence happen since I started the experiment, but none of it has been significantly different than the weird baseline.

For example, I'm pretty sure that when I said "surprise me, eris!" this morning, I woke up at least one of the girls I was in bed with. That situation was unique, but not really surprising.

/lysergic moment

President Television

Quote from: Cramulus on March 02, 2010, 06:22:01 PM
a lot of the stuff ITT is just run of the mill bad stuff. If you're really surprised by some of this stuff, you must surprise easy.

Being shit on by a dog is run-of-the-mill?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 02, 2010, 05:52:43 PM
I still have shit going on that's so weird I can't even post about it.

That must be pretty weird.

Cram, FWIW, attributing run of the mill strangeness may attract bigger strangeness (or bring bigger strangeness into recognition, depending upon what side of the quarter experiment you fell on).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Elder Iptuous

I was under the impression that the hypothesis of this experiment was exactly that.
We're just making fun of the SMG thing where people attribute good things to YHWH by pretending that anything strange is attributable to Eris, right?
well, we can either take it seriously and say, 'Nope. nothing happened', to which they would reply, 'well, yeah. your god is a heathen idol.', or we could be snarky and reach for things like they do to come up with the "evidence" like they do....

or were you joking, and i just ruint it?

Doktor Howl

Fuck Eris.  I'll get my own weird on.

Not.

Afraid.

Of.

Dead.

Greek.

Goddesses.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Iptuous on March 02, 2010, 07:30:15 PM

I was under the impression that the hypothesis of this experiment was exactly that.
We're just making fun of the SMG thing where people attribute good things to YHWH by pretending that anything strange is attributable to Eris, right?
well, we can either take it seriously and say, 'Nope. nothing happened', to which they would reply, 'well, yeah. your god is a heathen idol.', or we could be snarky and reach for things like they do to come up with the "evidence" like they do....

or were you joking, and i just ruint it?

ah I kind of figured that we were gathering testimonials which were a degree more psychotic than the typical Open Bar stuff. carry on!

LMNO

Ok.  I'm gonna do this.  Starting right now.

DO YOUR WORST, BITCH GODDESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 02, 2010, 07:30:15 PM

Started out that way, then we became the thing we were making fun of, and it turned into another Apple Talk thread.

That seems to be a trend, these days, yes?

Molon Lube