News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 22, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

:lulz: What do you mean, "keep"? AFAIK, that's the first one.

AND THE GOOGLE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!

It's grossing me out a bit...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NotPublished on March 04, 2010, 09:14:05 PM
WHERE DO YOU KEEP FINDING PICS OF PPL WITH SHIT ON THEIR MOUTHS???

See, this is *exactly* why I love this place.

I see reactions that I normally only get from Hat, Kaz, and my son.

"Oh, Goddammit, Dad."
Molon Lube

NotPublished

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 04, 2010, 09:15:47 PM

WHAT ABOUT ATB? Your pic with shit on mouth traumatised one PD that he became a she!

Just warning you... Once you give into the Google Devil you can't escape Google Hell.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Freeky

Quote from: NotPublished on March 04, 2010, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 04, 2010, 09:15:47 PM

WHAT ABOUT ATB? Your pic with shit on mouth traumatised one PD that he became a she!

Just warning you... Once you give into the Google Devil you can't escape Google Hell.

Oshit, I almost forgot about Annabelle!  :lulz:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 04, 2010, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on March 04, 2010, 08:05:59 PM
Aw Freeky that pic of your son looks sooo cute!

I'm going to take this as sarcastic humor about the pic I posted ITT.  :x THAT DUDE IS TOO OLD TO BE MY SON!

:lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Storebrand

My energy bill averages $165.00/month.  This month, it was $40.00.    :?  Thank you, Charles Manson?

Earthbound Spirit

I hate everyone.

Jasper

Quote from: StoreBrand on March 05, 2010, 03:51:26 AM
My energy bill averages $165.00/month.  This month, it was $40.00.    :?  Thank you, Charles Manson?

Shocker.

LMNO

Day 3:

It was a rough day at work.  Had to cover for Alec until we can find a replacement.  The amount of so-called "emergencies" just about tripled, so I couldn't find a moment's rest until the clock on the wall hit that magic hour, and I packed up my stuff and left the office.  I kept my head down, didn't make eye contact, just kept my iPod turned up.  I had a battered copy of some Larry Niven short story collection in my bag, so I hauled it out and pretended to read, just staring at the same words, over and over, until I reached my stop.  Threaded my way through the crowded station, and into the cold night air. 

No one bothered me on the way home, no bum looking for change, no Mormon looking for converts, no kids hassling me for being older and wearing a tie.  I just wanted to get home.  It was a relief when I stepped through the front door, and found nothing more than the cat and the wife.  I like my house.  Sure, it's actually a condo, but we were lucky enough to get a well-done top floor that did it's best not to resemble a standard apartment.  The front door opens up on a cathedral ceiling in the living room, with a tacky yet effective gas fireplace on one wall, and the kitchen is just beyond, in an open floorplan that joins the two.  There's a study leading to the deck behind that, and he bedroom is accorded it's own privacy, down a short hallway off of the living room, in a comfortable cul-de-sac, the only other door in the room being the one up to the attic.  It's not that big, but it works for us; although we have been talking about moving if we ever have that kid.  Anyway, we made dinner, then settled on the couch to listen to a record (yes, those large, round discs made out of vinyl) and read a little.

I had been feeling kind of under the weather for a few days, with a persistent cough and a stuffed-up head.  Because of that, we decided to call it an early night, kicking the cat off of the bed and shutting the door, so she wouldn't be constantly scratching at the dresser and at the back door.  She had only escaped down the back stairway once, when we were putting some old clothes  up in the attic.  The door from the bedroom leads both up there, and down to the basement, and the cat grabbed the opportunity to dash down the stairs, finding nothing, but not wanting to come back up.  I finally had to go down there and grab her, all anxious claws and squirming fur, to bring her back up to the house proper.  Ever since then, we haven't let her back down there, but she's become fascinated with it.  Any time we're in the bedroom, she'll come in, purr at our feet for a bit, then saunter over to the back door and start pawing at it.  No surface damage, but it's impossible to sleep.  So, we kick her out at night.  She doesn't seem to mind, and even if she did, who cares?  My sleep is more important.  And sleep is what I wanted at that point.

I'm not sure what time it was, but something woke me.  It sounded like it was coming from upstairs.  Groggily, I turned over, trying to get back to sleep, when I heard it again.  It sounded like something being dragged a foot or so, and then dropped.  Ok, I was awake now.  There shouldn't be anything in the attic.  There's no access.  I waited, listening.  Nothing.  Then, again.  That sound.  Then silence.  My mind raced, and I tried to think about what the hell was up there.  Squirrels?  Maybe a raccoon got up there.  I tried to listen for it again.  Nothing.  I asked myself if I wanted to get a flashlight and go up there, and the answer was a quick "Hell no!"  I wasn't going to go up there, half-asleep, cold-stricken, in the dark.  That shit was straight-up horror movie.  Then, the sound again.  Fuck.  A raccoon.  Must be.  Probably messing up some of our storage.  Right?  Anyway, the bedroom door that leads to the attic is always locked.  I'll call an exterminator in the morning.  I listened again, trying to hear the noise.  I waited a long time to hear it again.

I must have dozed off, because I woke up with that painful bladder pressure that signals a stumbling shuffle off to the bathroom.  It was still dark, and I stretched a bit, getting ready to face the cold tile of the bathroom floor.  Then I froze.  The sound.  I remembered the sound.  But I didn't have try that hard, because I had just heard it again, in the living room.  Just beyond the bedroom door.  I no longer had to pee.  All of my orifices were locked up tight, and sweat beaded up on my forehead.  The sound again.  The short dragging, then a soft thud of something being dropped.  Then silence.

That's when I realized that the only possible way for it to get there was if it came through the bedroom while we were sleeping.  I couldn't move.  I just lay there, petrified, and hoped beyond hope that I wouldn't hear it again. 

I waited a long time.

The sun was just cracking over the windowsill when I finally managed to build up enough courage.  I grabbed my glasses and one of those 7-day candles that was on our nightstand.  It was the only thing that seemed heavy enough to use as a possible weapon, what with the thick glass and all.  I gently opened the door trying hard to prevent any noises, but it managed a low, steady creak anyway.  Nervously, I looked down the hallway into the living room. 

Nothing.  The early dawn light suffused the furniture in a soft light.  Nothing.  I crept into the living room, and peeked around the corner into the kitchen.  Nothing.  At that moment, the sound of our alarm pealed out from the bedroom for a moment, only to be cut off with a slap and a grunt from my wife, which could only be her rolling over in bed for another 10 minutes, as per usual.  And that was it.  The day started as usual, coffee-juice-vitimains-shower, and off to work again.

But the cat... She's been cowering in a corner in our study all day.  She won't move.  She just sits there, trembling, staring fixedly into the living room.

St. Everblaze the Badikal

Deph'eth Bek'eth Nix'eth
T H E W A L R U S W A N T S O I S T A R S

-Kel-

officaly started yesterday.
i was taking a walk right when the storm hit, just annoying winds. went to class did better than i thought i would have, got laid over and over and slept for 10 hours.

-Kel-

Quote from: LMNO on March 05, 2010, 03:07:37 PM
Day 3:

keep that exterminator appt. i bet something got in there and is larger than your cat. Hope you feel better as well.

Doktor Howl

Wow, LMNO.   :lulz:

Also, day nothing:  During a critical lift, the 20 ton crane blew out it's pilot valve assembly.

I am reasonably sure I didn't ask for this.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: StoreBrand on March 05, 2010, 03:51:26 AM

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: -Kel- on March 05, 2010, 03:20:47 PM
officaly started yesterday.
i was taking a walk right when the storm hit, just annoying winds. went to class did better than i thought i would have, got laid over and over and slept for 10 hours.

:crankey: :fuckmittens: