News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Random thread about food that doesn't really seem to have any cohesiveness

Started by East Coast Hustle, February 23, 2009, 06:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on March 11, 2009, 06:27:22 PM
Just remember to keep the simmer water gentle.  If it gets too hot, the collagen won't extract.

how hot exactly, would a simmer of 69 be allright?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

for me, it's visual.  There should be no bubbles that break the surface, but the water should not be still, either.

Kai

Quote from: LMNO - Static on March 18, 2009, 02:56:35 PM
for me, it's visual.  There should be no bubbles that break the surface, but the water should not be still, either.

If you use a crock pot, so much easier.

I remember you gave me that idea
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 18, 2009, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 11, 2009, 06:27:22 PM
Just remember to keep the simmer water gentle.  If it gets too hot, the collagen won't extract.

how hot exactly, would a simmer of 69 be allright?

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm using two of the cheap pork chops I got to make chili tonight. I deboned the chops and made stock from the bones yesterday, cubed the meat, and put pinto beans on to soak. In a little while I'll put the stock, the beans, the meat, a couple of cloves of garlic, a chopped onion, a can of diced tomatoes, a teaspoon or so of marjoram, some red chili flakes, and some cumin on the stove to simmer for the rest of the day. I might even use my crock-pot, I haven't used it once since I got it.

2 chops - about $1
Pound of pinto beans - $1.50
Tomatoes - $1.50
Other stuff - about $1

It'll probably be about ten servings, so @ $.50/serving.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Richter

Sounds good, Nigel!

I'm doing pseudorican rice.

Hamburger, spinach, Green pepper, chili pepper, onion, beans, sazon, adobo, sriacha, etc.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds good! I've never used adobo. I feel like I should get some, you guys talk about it so much.

I used the crock pot and am now regretting it... beans aren't done yet! But maybe in an hour they will be.

Kai

Which I just made.

1 onion
1/2 bell pepper
3 carrots
(all of these diced)
2 eggs
leftover brown rice
nam pla
soy sauce
red wine

sautee the veggies in some oil in the wok
add in the eggs and scramble them, mixing everything together
liberal amounts of soy, nampla and wine

Add in the rice and let it all simmer till hot

yum yum yum. and easy. and with leftovers.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish