News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Egg drop soup

Started by Freeky, February 23, 2010, 02:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

I required:

1 49 oz can of chicken broth, with 1/4 cup set aside
some frozen spinach
some frozen carrots
3 eggs
2 1/2 TBSP soy sauce
a dash of lemon juice
salt and pepper
fresh grated ginger (some)
2 TBSP flour

Bring chicken broth to a boil, add carrots, spinach, soy, lemon juice, and ginger. Cook until carrots and spinach are done to your liking. In a bowl, add flour to the set aside broth a little at a time, then add to the pot. Beat eggs in another bowl, then slowly add them in to the soup, stirring slowly in a single direction the whole time. Enjoy quickly, I don't think this stuff would keep well. Makes 5 servings?

Kai

and I've been looking for a good egg drop soup recipe.  The trick is the flour, I'm guessing.

Makes me want to go buy a bunch of thighs and egg noodles, and make chicken noodles.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Freeky

I'm happy to oblige, Kai.  :)

Nast

I make stracciatela with eggs beaten with grated parmesan cheese, chicken stock and sorrel leaves. Sometimes I add tomatoes.  It's a nice comforting dish for when you're sick.

Make sure to use homemade chicken stock, though.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."