News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

terminology

Started by dontblameyoko, February 23, 2010, 02:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontblameyoko

I'm guessing "spags" refers to members of this forum (please correct me if i'm wrong), but what does ITT stand for? and what does "lail" mean?
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Cain

itt = in this thread

lail = like lol, but with an element of derision

Rumckle

I always took 'lail' to be a portmanteau of 'lol' and 'fail'

eta:
also there are about two or three threads around the place explaining the term spag
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

dontblameyoko

BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

President Television

Since the thread is already up, what does "ETA" stand for, besides "Estimated Time of Arrival"? I keep seeing it when people appear to have edited their posts.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Rumckle

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Spags = Short for spaggots
ITT = In This Thread
LAIL = Something that is unintentionally funny, I am actually the one who started using it here and it's from a movie made by the CKY guys where Raab plays a retarded guy that keeps saying "lail". The fact that it's sounds like lol and fail is just a coincidence, however it pretty much is lol + fail.
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Rumckle

Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 23, 2010, 04:55:03 AM
ITT = In This Thread
LAIL = Something that is unintentionally funny, I am actually the one who started using it here and it's from a movie made by the CKY guys where Raab plays a retarded guy that keeps saying "lail". The fact that it's sounds like lol and fail is just a coincidence, however it pretty much is lol + fail.

KYFMS

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Rumckle on February 23, 2010, 06:18:44 AM
Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 23, 2010, 04:55:03 AM
ITT = In This Thread

KYFMS

NOU

Cramulus

You don't know what a spag is? That makes you a :spag2:

East Coast Hustle

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: dontblameyoko on February 23, 2010, 02:20:58 AM
I'm guessing "spags" refers to members of this forum (please correct me if i'm wrong), but what does ITT stand for? and what does "lail" mean?

YAF,R?

OCYA.