News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

America's Next Top Model

Started by Nast, February 23, 2010, 07:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Hey you.

Yeah, you with that dumb look. You better wipe it off when I come your way because I am THE QUEEN. You may not know it when you see it; my face hasn't launched a thousand ships, but that's because those fuckers knew I was out of their league.

I got it, and you can't buy it from the Mac Store. You can't buy it anywhere because what I got is me and that's all I need. You think you can get to me? I'm so far above you I can't even see you way down there in Whogivesafuckistan. The truth is, some people may disapprove of me. They don't like me because they don't know how to live their lives. What they don't know is that every pretty morning, every delightful breeze, every drop of dew on the magnolia flowers is mine. The world is my oyster and I'll be damned if I be kept from what I am entitled to.

I am beautiful. I am amazing. I am

America's Next Top Model
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Freeky

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Salty

I see the point you're trying to make, I think...and I like it.

Such vanity, such sell-assurance, and for goals and motivations that are asinine at best.

But it needs MORE. You need to take this idea, set it on fire, and burn unwary passersby with it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

NotPublished

:lulz: That was awesome Nast. :mittens:

I couldn't help but think from reading the topic title "Iranian's Next Top Sacrifice"

Vanity is a serious issue, I also include vanity when people prevent themselves from doing something cause they think they aren't good looking enough. It's all about looks darling!
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

:kingmeh:

Aw, is this how people feel about this?  :)
Perhaps it would have fit in better in the Art of the Brag thread, but I would feel weird bumping something so old.

Quote from: NotPublished on February 24, 2010, 12:20:28 AM
:lulz: That was awesome Nast. :mittens:

I couldn't help but think from reading the topic title "Iranian's Next Top Sacrifice"

Vanity is a serious issue, I also include vanity when people prevent themselves from doing something cause they think they aren't good looking enough. It's all about looks darling!

Thanks!

I know it's just a series of exaggerated, campy, conceited statements, but that's the point. While it's certainly more broad than just looks, I agree with you that the self-loathing "I'm not good enough" mentality is totally vain. I was thinking about this, because it's an issue I face, and I finally just got tired and realized "WHO exactly am I not good enough for? Whose ridiculous standard do I have to hold myself up against just to feel good about me?"

So that's why people need a little narcissism, a little self-love, a little Good Vanity. Because without it, the Bad Vanity comes in and grinds your self esteem down until you're afraid to do ANYTHING. And really, what's worse?

Also, I think this is the first thing I've ever written in this subforum. So do please bear with me!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Freeky

Oh, I thought the way you wrote it was spot on, and pretty good to boot, its just that those bitches are horrible people if that's what they really think.

NotPublished

I liked the tone, it even came with its own imagery ... and it is campy  :lulz:

Quote from: Nast on February 24, 2010, 03:22:15 AM
...I finally just got tired and realized "WHO exactly am I not good enough for? Whose ridiculous standard do I have to hold myself up against just to feel good about me?"...

Thats the way to go! You are always your own worst critic. I definately went through a stage where I used to think I was an ugly fat shit undeserving of anything, then I got over it and started enjoying life.

I could not care any less with whatever compliments/insults I get, I changed my mentality from its all my fault to - "If your gonna be like that, good for you mate", I mostly just laugh when people try to insult me - they aren't very creative anymore :(

But vanity is kind of a sad-thing, because the truth as I see it is - someone may be absolutely jaw dropping, but if they have an ugly personality - they will be an ugly person. Its just a damn game. If a person thinks they can get through it all with looks alone and get away with things cause they are good looking, often or not they are the ones who are gonna face the sad fate of reality.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 24, 2010, 03:31:44 AM
Oh, I thought the way you wrote it was spot on, and pretty good to boot, its just that those bitches are horrible people if that's what they really think.

It's not really about bitches, I just take lessons from them.

Society polarizes self-esteem in an unhealthy way: either complete unwarranted self-entitled douchebaggery or sad little fat girl. The difference between the former and actual earned self-esteem is that self-esteem doesn't seek constantly seek others' approval to validate it. If you have it, you just have it. And if you do something good, you deserve to feel good. It's not such a guilty pleasure as a lot of people would think.

Freeky

I suppose I just don't understaqnd then. Oh well. :lulz:

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: NotPublished on February 24, 2010, 03:44:43 AM
I liked the tone, it even came with its own imagery ... and it is campy  :lulz:

Quote from: Nast on February 24, 2010, 03:22:15 AM
...I finally just got tired and realized "WHO exactly am I not good enough for? Whose ridiculous standard do I have to hold myself up against just to feel good about me?"...

Thats the way to go! You are always your own worst critic. I definately went through a stage where I used to think I was an ugly fat shit undeserving of anything, then I got over it and started enjoying life.

I could not care any less with whatever compliments/insults I get, I changed my mentality from its all my fault to - "If your gonna be like that, good for you mate", I mostly just laugh when people try to insult me - they aren't very creative anymore :(

But vanity is kind of a sad-thing, because the truth as I see it is - someone may be absolutely jaw dropping, but if they have an ugly personality - they will be an ugly person. Its just a damn game. If a person thinks they can get through it all with looks alone and get away with things cause they are good looking, often or not they are the ones who are gonna face the sad fate of reality.

To me it's not the looks, it is the personality.  If you KNOW you are gorgeous, you are.

Princess Nast (as I name this hypothetical model) is stunning, because she knows she is stunning. The fact she intends to use it for evil, well, that's a shame. (or is it?)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Nast

-Kel-

This is not America's-Next-Top-Best-Friend.

My look is a versatile look, I can transform into different ethnics backgrounds, I can kinda fit certain molds. I'm Jade what you see is what you get, don't judge a book by it's cover

LMNO

It may surprise you to know that I have watched every season of ANTM, and I know exactly the episode you are referring to, Kel.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 10, 2010, 05:33:43 PM
It may surprise you to know that I have watched every season of ANTM, and I know exactly the episode you are referring to, Kel.

You, sir, are made of carbon steel.
Molon Lube