News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Discourse 27: Idle Australia

Started by Trollax, July 14, 2004, 07:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Discourse 27: Idle Australia
OR
The end of Wholesome Entertainment

Well, Now I'm really fuming. Well I have been fumiung for months and months. The Ugliness that is reality TV just keeps losing it's virtginal lustre to resemble, more and more, the fucking feral bush-pig it is. I will relate to you a story that will explain to you my disgust at the most-popularised of all reality TV shows... the Idle Idol series.

for three years now I have been having singing lessons at a performing arts studio that does so much business it's impossible to keep track of it. Just the short list includes: Cheersquads, halftime entertainment at sports events, musical numbers for charity events, talent quests, end of year concerts that run like professional shows and so on... Students are involved with on their own, talent programs, promoting organisations, schools spectacular, starstruck, eistedfordds and even every performers blue-eyed boy: Austrralia is Idle.

I must admit,  that I was suspicious from the beginning, but after the auditions this year I am left so speechless that I feel if I were ever given the opportunity to sit down in a room with Dicko Dickson, Mark Holden, and Marcia Hines I would give them the verbal browbeating that would reducee Roger to tears of ecstacy. I'll spell it out for you... This show revolves around allowing talentless people to be ridiculed by judges for entertainment and talented people to be ridiculed as talentless for simple controversy.

Of the people I am associated with through my volcal lessons I know of at least 5 people who tried out and whom I would regard as highly worthy of the chance to show their talent to the country. Of these five, one is already an accomplished stage performer at the age of 18, another a graduate of the most-cuthroat talent program in the state, a third has already written and produced a solo album, and two more who, though they may not have made any great steps in their careers have voices you could die for. I've heard all of them myself, they have looks and talent to go placees in this shallow industry of souless lyric-trading. All of them were knocked back.
The one girl who did make it to see the three vipers at the center of this travesty was told to "not bother, because there's no way her voice or face would ever sell records." Far be it from me to criticise the opinions of industry heavyweights... But when someone has been having vocal training for over half their life, has what could be called a "perfect body" and a voice that can handle some of the most-difficult vocal pieces around one must ask the question: Are these freeps fucking kidding?

It makes me sick to think that people with genuine talent were shuffled aside at the first round of auditions for people who can't even carry the tune of a nursery rhyme just so they can be ridiculed on camera. People with decent looks and sound told they are too fat, too short or too ugly just so there can be controversial reactions from contestants who quite rightly know that they can sing and look the part.

No... No... No... Fuck it. I'm indie for life. Fuck Australian Idle! Fuck Reality TV. And fuck the producers Judges and the entire process!
Next year I'm gonna take a band and just sit outside the venue jamming all day, and when the inevitable occurs (some backstage feeb asks us to audition) I'll tell them to go and fuck themselves. The world does not need another William Hung. Look, you can sing in the shower all you want, you don't have to make it big. But the show claims to be about talent when all it is about is glorifying the crumbling edifice of western culture...

archPope Rocket P Llama

TV, what can be said? it sucks. The music scene,  what can be said? It sucks. But I don't like the elitism in the Indie scene. I listen to some, but there's some talent in the more mainstream venues. Look at the Flaming Lips. They didn't really hit it off til 99, wayne was pushing 40. Modest Mouse, awesome band, but now that they've scored a hit a lot of their fans are turning on them. Pisses me off.

I'm involved in the local music scene to a degree, and most of it is Xian. My point? I don't have one. TV sucks. Go read a book instead. Or play video games.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Trollax

actually I was refering to the fact that among the indie scene you're working hard, for low money but free from the bullshit that flies around in the corporate scene.

Colonel Failure

Trollox, man... don't get yourself so worked up.

I haven't watched TV in years.

Utilize the 'off' switch.

You'll be happier, trust me.
All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]