News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Yet another healthcare topic

Started by LMNO, February 25, 2010, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

It's very much the fact that the Democrats are pansy-asses and the Reich Wingers are much better at organizing their mobs to great media effect.

However, the shitty fact that the LOOKS of what's happening matters almost as much if not more in the public opinion than what is ACTUALLY happening with these bills and with Congress in general makes the mice of men even mousier.  The backroom deals as the Republicans are calling them are laughable...the concessions made by Obama's camp are even more ridiculous.

But I would much RATHER see this weak-kneed attempt to revise our current debacle of a system happen as it's better than nothing.  And nothing is about what we were about to get until this recent push happened.

Cain

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2010, 03:26:27 PM
Last time I checked, the Democrats had a majority in both houses in Congress and the White House, and the Republicans were a bunch of discredited, conspiracy theorist losers whose opinions shouldn't matter.

The dems can't get it through their heads that they're in the majority.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Personally, I don't care if the Dems are taken for a ride by the White House.  The toadying that was done during the last decade to some blatant powergrabs by the Bush White House means they have years of abuse to make up for and get fisted up the ass in consequence.  If Rahm's learned to play them for the fools they are, fine, I can except that.  I'm all Machiavellian when it comes to Congress.  Fuck the playas as long as they play my way.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2010, 03:35:16 PM
Evidence that this whole charade was carefully staged kabuki bukake theatre for the DC watching masses.

fixed for....um... idunno.
but it's definitely fixed.

Suu

Quote from: Jenne on March 23, 2010, 03:21:54 PM

We can forget pulling out of Iraq's ass and Gitmo being closed, I fear.

That's next. So sayeth my Air Force and Marine buddies, but it can't be done overnight.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on March 23, 2010, 03:51:45 PM

That's next. So sayeth my Air Force and Marine buddies, but it can't be done overnight.

Yes it can.  Reagan pulled out of Beirut in a week.  Obama's had more than a year.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on March 23, 2010, 03:51:45 PM

No, but we'll still have a "legacy" force left behind like we do everyotherfuckingplace we've been to.  WHY we are still in Germany, etc.

I think I'm just too upset over seeing so many guys have to go back to Iraq and Afghanistan after their THIRD and FOURTH tours.  Their wives and kids have had enough. /living in SD isn't always so pretty

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 23, 2010, 03:54:24 PM
No, but we'll still have a "legacy" force left behind like we do everyotherfuckingplace we've been to.  WHY we are still in Germany, etc.

Because the Germans are kind enough to let us use their airbase?
Molon Lube

Cain

"Safe" removal would, apparently, take between 16 and 18 months but Obama intends to keep 50,000-60,000 troops in country to referee the upcoming Iraqi Civil War.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2010, 03:55:13 PM

exactly.  Don't see Iraqi kindness blowing the same way...and neither should it, really, to be honest.

I'm just too terribly bitter for this topic, I think.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2010, 03:55:44 PM
"Safe" removal would, apparently, take between 16 and 18 months but Obama intends to keep 50,000-60,000 troops in country to referee the upcoming Iraqi Civil War.

Safe for whom?  The Iraqis or ourselves?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 23, 2010, 03:56:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2010, 03:55:13 PM

exactly.  Don't see Iraqi kindness blowing the same way...and neither should it, really, to be honest.

I'm just too terribly bitter for this topic, I think.

The Germans have always been good allies (post-Nazi Germany, of course).  The fact that they are still after Bush and his crowd bad-mouthed them speaks more to their character than ours.
Molon Lube

Cain

American troops, presumably.

I'm guessing there are lots of files to shred and burn, not to mention "securing" weapons systems for return.  Because it would be terrible if American weapons were used by warring Iraqi parties without them paying for them.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2010, 03:59:05 PM
American troops, presumably.

I'm guessing there are lots of files to shred and burn, not to mention "securing" weapons systems for return.  Because it would be terrible if American weapons were used by warring Iraqi parties without them paying for them.

Yeah, I can see that.  We could be out of there in 2 weeks, if we really wanted to.

I'll buy 6 months, done properly, gear and all.
Molon Lube