News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Intermittens: The 'Meet Space' Edition

Started by Placid Dingo, February 26, 2010, 10:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I can think of numerous Discordian meetups which involved 3D meat.

the Providence pork shoulder meet up of 2007 (?)
the Portland Oregon day of discord grilling fiasco

Cramulus

Memorial Day Providence Pork Shoulder Orgy Cabal 2008

Quote from: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=14676.msg465361#msg465361The Lunch Cabal - a group of Discordians who ate lunch together in White Plains NY. Soldiers of Operation: Mindfuck, the Lunch Cabal includes Cramulus, D-Cup, Nomad, and some non-Discordians who work with Cram. Their activities include littering White Plains with crazy signs and graphics which were yoinked from the Operation: Mindfuck forum.

5-25-08 Boston Meetup Video

I'm sure we can scare up some more links and pix from gatherings... anybody?

Triple Zero

Cram, The Dreaming is also in meatspace, so perhaps you should submit your Elevator Pitch? (if you wrote one)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

I've also got the PDX Sunday Swordfights, and can get you some media from those events. Maybe I'll interview some of the Discordians that made it to Esozone, I think we had over 23 in a room at one point.... counting the reporter from High Times. Last year, Esozone has basically "open-sourced itself" as an Unconference (wikipedia), so that might be a good topic for an article.

I'm slammed with school this week, but I'll hit you up in a week or two for more focus.

Any of that would be legendary.

And no. No meat. No. No meat. No.

And yes, I've already begged Cram for some Dreaming bits.

And are all those images and things on Day of Discord good to use? Copyleft or just for IM.

Aaaaaaaaaand are there any known upcoming events for Discordia? or small d discordian events coming up? Cos a little calender might be good.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Telarus

The Day of Discord photos should totally be Kopyleft (I will double check with Johnny Brainwash, but he's usually down with kopylefting content). Unless you hear different from me you can use the photo and the text.

I'll see what swordfight photos I can dig up.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

For the Meet Space edition:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Meet_Space

this piece is kopyleft + attribution - feel free to hack it up and use it as needed.

sadly, it does not currently have a title.

Cramulus

From the Chao Te Ching:

Chapter 61
A successful cabal is like a dust cloud,
arriving from nowhere,
ungraspable,
and fading into nothingness.
The tallest blade of grass gets cut,
while the crab grass creeps unharmed.
Keep your head down.
Keep your fucking mouth shut.

Thus by concentrating on goals
without playing ego games,
much can be accomplished.
If all you want to do
is brag about how cool you are,
you might want learn to play the guitar, instead.

Placid Dingo

Is the Chao your work Cram?

I've seen it done before with one called the Dao De Discordia, but this one seems a bit truer to the source as far as I can tell.

Cramulus

Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 24, 2010, 10:41:14 AM
Is the Chao your work Cram?

I've seen it done before with one called the Dao De Discordia, but this one seems a bit truer to the source as far as I can tell.

it's part mine, part LMNOs, part belongs to the community.  It's kopyleft though, so it doesn't really belong to anyone.

here's the project page I started over a year ago: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Sacred_Chao_Te_Ching

What's the Dao De Discordia? I'd love to hear more about that.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

johnnybrainwash

Quote from: Telarus on March 22, 2010, 10:53:56 PM
The Day of Discord photos should totally be Kopyleft (I will double check with Johnny Brainwash, but he's usually down with kopylefting content). Unless you hear different from me you can use the photo and the text.

None of those photos are mine. I assume that because other people gave them to me, they know people are going to rip them off, but who knows. I can ask.

Stay tuned for more- someone finally got Beef's photos from last year, and she took a shitload. We just need to get them off the card.

Placid Dingo

I( just got back from a week holiday, that's that link to? its dead or off limits to me.