News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

ATTN: Squid

Started by Richter, February 26, 2010, 11:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cool, I was trying to go for stiff enough to stay put but loose enough to be able to apply.
Most of the directions for use that I read from the websites I researched said to "rub vigorously to warm it" or some shit..

hold on..

Tip: Make the wax warm with a hairdryer until it is glossy and then put the wax with your fingers into your moustache and wait a minute. The wax will be dry and strong. So now you can form your moustache in whatever way you wish. Repeat this till your moustache is totally fine."
From-- http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/wax/diy.shtml

and this one

Once the moustache wax has cooled down, rub your finger tips lightly over the surface of the hardened wax mixture. Don't dip your finger into the container, as too much wax may result in a greasy moustache. When your fingers are lightly coated, place them against the hair you want to shape. Rub your fingers against the hair to spread the wax, moving in the same direction as the hair grows naturally. Once the wax has been applied, with the help of your fingers shape and style the moustache as you desire. Add more wax if required, and to remove, wash the applied area with mild soap and rinse well with lukewarm water.
From--http://www.buzzle.com/articles/moustache-wax-homemade-recipe.html

Course, I'm no expert as my own mustache is severely lacking in the hair department.

Richter

Fair point.  I saw a few how - to's that advised a hard wax for the handlebars, and a softer wax as you moxed proximal to the face.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Once the moustache has reached proper length, it will no longer be prickly, but she will still have to burrow under it to get to your upper lip, which some ladies find a delightful challenge. She may at times hoot like the mating call of a small burrowing owl, for which she should receive rich reward.

For extended moustache contact, I definitely recommend a scent that is less reminiscent of baked goods, and more (very subtly) reminiscent of fresh fruit or vegetables. I suspect a cucumber-orange or green melon mixture would hold up well. Florals would be less appetizing, but a few, such as lavender or jasmine, blend well with fruit.

No spice, EVER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

what about bergamot rosemary?

(I can't do anything with melon smells. fake melon and apple make me wanna slam heads against counters. BING BONG!)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 02, 2010, 07:57:44 AM
what about bergamot rosemary?

(I can't do anything with melon smells. fake melon and apple make me wanna slam heads against counters. BING BONG!)

I would suggest never using any artificial odors... only real essential oils. Bergamot rosemary might be good but would not work for me, but bergamot alone, very subtly, would be a nice counterpoint to the natural beeswax smell.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

You may as well make it smell like beer, because that's undoubtedly what it's gonna smell like anyway.

Sir Squid Diddimus