News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Most badass Norwegian evar

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, March 02, 2010, 08:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/opinion/02brooks.html

QuoteHe was hunted by about 50 Germans and left a trail in the deep snow. He'd lost one boot and sock, and he was bleeding from where his big toe had been shot off. He scrambled across the island and swam successively across the icy sound to two other islands

Up in the mountains, he skied through severe winter storms. One night, he started an avalanche. He fell at least 300 feet, smashed his skis and suffered a severe concussion. His body was buried in snow, but his head was sticking out. He lost sense of time and self-possession. He was blind, the snow having scorched the retinas of his eyes.

President Television

Wow. This guy just might out-badass the Vikings.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Doktor Howl

So, he doesn't ski too well, eh?
Molon Lube

LMNO

No mention regarding the size of his moustache, though.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 02, 2010, 08:51:24 PM
No mention regarding the size of his moustache, though.

That's no accident.

Would the stache allow him to start an avalanche like that?

No, he would have started AN AVALANCHE OF SEXTORQUE™.
Molon Lube

Xooxe

QuoteAt one point he thought he had found a trail, but he was only following his own footsteps in a small circle.

I spent more time wondering about how he worked this out than I did reading the article.

Jasper

Quote from: Xooxe on March 02, 2010, 10:21:22 PM
QuoteAt one point he thought he had found a trail, but he was only following his own footsteps in a small circle.

I spent more time wondering about how he worked this out than I did reading the article.

Easy, one of the footprints was shoeless and missing a toe.

St. Everblaze the Badikal

I saw this post and thought "Sweet! It's a technoviking thread!" and then it was a technoviking thread.
Deph'eth Bek'eth Nix'eth
T H E W A L R U S W A N T S O I S T A R S

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:argh!: IT IS NOT A TECHNO VIKING THREAD

Xooxe

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 03, 2010, 01:05:04 AMEasy, one of the footprints was shoeless and missing a toe.

Surely that foot would be numb? And he couldn't see.

E.O.T.

MORE TO THE POINT-

why is Norway like, 100  to A JILLION times better than the U.S.  like, RIGHT NOW?

IS IT...

their height? ( a Norwegian gay bar is the ONLY place I've had 0% cruise action, due to being less than 6'7" tall, I'm ASSuming)

BLACK METAL? (they were IT, our metal bands wish we had stave churches to burn, +)

WE, AS AMERICANS, DON'T KNOW WHERE NORWAY IS!? So, competing against them freaks our atheletes out, cuz, they feel like they're competing against MARTIANS?

"a good fight justifies any cause"

Xooxe

Quote from: E.O.T. on March 03, 2010, 03:18:39 AMWE, AS AMERICANS, DON'T KNOW WHERE NORWAY IS!?

Nrrrrrggg.nnnrrrrnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg *the veins pop out of my head as I clench my very being to stop a LAME pun about not being able to see the fjords*

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Xooxe on March 03, 2010, 04:07:26 AM
Quote from: E.O.T. on March 03, 2010, 03:18:39 AMWE, AS AMERICANS, DON'T KNOW WHERE NORWAY IS!?

Nrrrrrggg.nnnrrrrnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg *the veins pop out of my head as I clench my very being to stop a LAME pun about not being able to see the fjords*

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: E.O.T. on March 03, 2010, 03:18:39 AM
          WE, AS AMERICANS, DON'T KNOW WHERE NORWAY IS!?

ITS BECAUSE EVERY TIME THEY TAKE A MAP THEY STOP LOOKING WHEN THEY REACH THE FINNISH
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.