News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

advice needed

Started by -Kel-, March 04, 2010, 07:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

Note: this is only if the Mr. gets the job is he interview for right now.

So, if he gets it? Do I up and quit this receptionist gig to work in a school even though it will be a pay cut but it gets my foot in the door the school systems where i have always wanted to work.

or suck it up and keep going here until i graduate this may from college? and then try to find a job in my field (sociology)

Enrico Salazar

Burn entire building to the ground, mow down survivors as they run out.  If one live, despite shooting, make fucker your vice president.  Is what is called in this country "moxie".

Did someone say gorgeous?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: -Kel- on March 04, 2010, 07:31:11 PM
Note: this is only if the Mr. gets the job is he interview for right now.

So, if he gets it? Do I up and quit this receptionist gig to work in a school even though it will be a pay cut but it gets my foot in the door the school systems where i have always wanted to work.

or suck it up and keep going here until i graduate this may from college? and then try to find a job in my field (sociology)

1.  Which situation will result in the best total pay and benefits for your household?

2.  There are jobs in sociology?
Molon Lube

-Kel-

Quote from: Enrico Salazar on March 04, 2010, 07:35:40 PM
Burn entire building to the ground, mow down survivors as they run out.  If one live, despite shooting, make fucker your vice president.  Is what is called in this country "moxie".

brillant!

-Kel-

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 04, 2010, 07:35:51 PM

1.  Which situation will result in the best total pay and benefits for your household?

2.  There are jobs in sociology?

1. suck it up and wait

2. yes, esp if i go on to get the dreaded master's degree.

NotPublished

I guess just some generic questions/advice

Do you need the extra money? Do you have extra money saved up? Any massive spending in the next 6-8 months? Is Mr Kel guaranteed job safety? Will Mr Kels new job make up for the losses from your cut? Do you have enough money throughout the week/fortnight or are just barely making it as it is atm?

Personally, I would say go for it... Job satisfaction can make a world of difference. But it also depends on lifestyle preference.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

-Kel-

He aced the interview, they said they'll be contacting him on Wednesday. must sit and wait

St. Everblaze the Badikal

Deph'eth Bek'eth Nix'eth
T H E W A L R U S W A N T S O I S T A R S

Rumckle

May isn't that far away, and after the two weeks notice, and by the time you find a school job, it will seem much closer.
So I'd stay stick it out.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Suu

Finish school. That's more important.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

-Kel-

staying in school no matter what, only got two months of this left. just not sure if i want to ditch this job where i can do most of my school work here, or move on to a job that is in the field i want to get into. basically it would be the first step into getting the job i want at a school but very low pay. gonna wait and see what happens for now though.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Stick with what you're doing till you're done with school since you're almost finished.
Then move on.

Seems like the only logical thing IMO