News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Curiousity Poll (2): Wealth.

Started by Ur1el, March 05, 2010, 04:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on March 05, 2010, 05:41:05 PM
HE rolls down the window and starts to say,
"it's all about makin' that Win 2K"

Great.  Now I have coffee on my monitor, keyboard, and crotch.   :argh!:
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Just to add a bit to what I said earlier, I grew up lower-middle class (thinking about it now, it was probably more lower than middle) but never even realized that we were poor until I was chatting with my bro years later and he said something about "growing up poor." I was like "we didn't grow up poor" after which he went on to cite examples (getting our clothes from Sal's, food shopping at non-chain discount markets etc...) and it hit me that, really, we did grow up poor. That moment was actually a really cool moment for me, because at that point I knew that, whatever happened, I still had the ability to be happy in almost any situation. Although, I think I got too good at it, because now I'm so far in debt because I care so little about money. Not sure how relevant this all is. Just sayin'.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Jasper

Wealth:  Grew up below poverty line.  Raised by a single mother whose only income was her art, which was self-taught.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
Quote from: Richter on March 05, 2010, 05:41:05 PM
HE rolls down the window and starts to say,
"it's all about makin' that Win 2K"

Great.  Now I have coffee on my monitor, keyboard, and crotch.   :argh!:

AUGH MINE NIPPLES
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

cavehamster

I enjoy how this thread went from hate, to mockery, to inside jokes, before finally settling down and answering the OP's questions.   :p

Dimocritus

Quote from: cavehamster on March 05, 2010, 07:37:38 PM
I enjoy how this thread went from hate, to mockery, to inside jokes, before finally settling down and answering the OP's questions.   :p

It's all about the order of operations.

Where's the TC anyway?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

I don't know exactly how to answer this. My parents are divorced, my mother is crazy (paranoid-schizophrenic), and my father is an expatriate living in germany. On one hand, I have lived in six different states, two different countries, attended something like 13 different elementary schools, three junior highs, and two high schools; on the other, I've been to the Swiss Alps multiple times, I've been all over Europe, and have had some incredibly enriching life experiences.

... but yeah, most of my life, I've been dirt poor. I've lived in some bad neighborhoods, and I've had stints of homelessness as well.

In my adult life, I'd like to think I'm doing pretty well.

Storebrand

We were lower-middle class instead of middle-middle class due to my mother's need to spend $15-25,000.00 a year on travel.  You have no idea how pissed I was the first time she sat me down to teach me how to manage personal finances. 

LMNO

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

Dr. Paes

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 04:33:11 PM
Quote from: Suu on March 05, 2010, 04:32:12 PM
I have no job and no credit; which was destroyed the last time I was unemployed a year and a half ago. I live in a 2.5 room studio in one of the most shadiest areas of Providence. What does THAT tell you?!

YOU A GANGSTA.

Dr. Paes

Quote from: Ur1el on March 05, 2010, 04:22:32 AM
How were you raised? In a secure home, in a ghetto, in the burbs? How do you live now? Are you a DICK?
That's a difficult question to answer,
I grew up in West Philidelphia, where I was born.
I spent most of my time at the playground, as many of the children in the area did.
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool. Played a lot of b-ball outside of my school.
It wasn't the safest of environments, though. I remember one time I was approached by a couple of guys. I could tell they were up to no good and was immediately suspicious of them as they matched the description of some people who were making trouble in my neighbourhood.

I got into a bit of trouble with these guys and we had something of a brawl. My mother got scared and sent me to live with my aunty and uncle, in Bel-Air. From then on, my life was radically different.

I hope this information helps with your socioLOLgical experiment.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘