News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Curiousity Poll: Race.

Started by Ur1el, March 05, 2010, 04:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notathing

Lies

Quote from: Ur1el on March 05, 2010, 04:23:26 AM
I was just curious... jesus.

And this is what killed the cat... Muhammad.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's kind of a shame this n00b's posts were shouted down, it's actually the kind of demographical userbase stuff that I find interesting. Is there a backstory to this guy?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

sorry Nigel, I'm full of far too much HATORADE towards nannying family (mainly the mom) to respond seriously today.  Mindless drivel is currently keeping me from accidentally THE WHOLE THING!  And we all know how terrible that would be.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jasper

I think the reason the guy caught shit is because the question contains the hidden assumption that race is a factor in who becomes a Discordian.  I would be surprised if the ethnic distribution for the Americans who post here are greater than standard deviation for the whole American demographic, whatever those numbers happen to be.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i disagree, i think most are pasty white nerds

Jasper

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

NO U!
IVE SEEN SPAGBOOK! MOSTLY PASTY NERDS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 05, 2010, 06:21:55 AM
I think the reason the guy caught shit is because the question contains the hidden assumption that race is a factor in who becomes a Discordian.  I would be surprised if the ethnic distribution for the Americans who post here are greater than standard deviation for the whole American demographic, whatever those numbers happen to be.

Huh wow. I didn't make that leap of logic at all. If anything, race and income demographics might be a stronger factor in who is involved in an Internet forum.

Furthermore, if there is an assumption that race is a factor in who becomes Discordian, polling to find out whether that assumption stands up to scrutiny certainly would be the scientific way to approach it.

Lastly, is it automatically bad if race/ancestry is a factor?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

It's not bad if it is so, it is bad to assume it is so. 

Wealth/income is very likely a factor in forum participants, and sadly there is an ethnic bias somewhere in there, so maybe there could be said to exist a correlation.

It would be interesting to find that Discordianism occurs more or less frequently with different races, but I don't see it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 05, 2010, 06:39:42 AM
It's not bad if it is so, it is bad to assume it is so. 

Wealth/income is very likely a factor in forum participants, and sadly there is an ethnic bias somewhere in there, so maybe there could be said to exist a correlation.

It would be interesting to find that Discordianism occurs more or less frequently with different races, but I don't see it.

Ok, obviously I am missing something. Why is it automatically bad to assume (rather, to hypothesize, hence the question) that race plays a factor in religious choices?

Also, I would bet good money that U.S. Discordians are more likely to be white than the general population. Is that bad? Am I racist now?

NotPublished

I am feeling opressed!

Tbh, I don't even know what constitutes a race - I'm ethnic (Greek :( - you know my feelings on the damn Greeks! Maybe I'm Turkish?) and living in Australia.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 05, 2010, 06:21:55 AM

You have to consider the racial demographics of the internet, which is a bit harder.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.