News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

DAMMIT, LMNO, WHERE'S MY SLACK™?

Started by Doktor Howl, March 02, 2010, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Jenne on March 03, 2010, 01:09:00 AM
You guys need to either 1) live closer to your relatives or 2) get weirder relatives.

Because for real, all I have to do is visit MINE for a 24-hour period, and I have enough of the WEIRD for about a month or two.  OR invite them HERE...so my neighbors can listen to howling and various other cackles of fiendish delight and metallic banging until 5 am or the sun rises/whichever comes first.

I need #2. I am the weirdest out of my family, and on a weird scale of 1-10 I'm a 4 on a good day.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 05:53:24 PM
You guys need to either 1) live closer to your relatives or 2) get weirder relatives.

Because for real, all I have to do is visit MINE for a 24-hour period, and I have enough of the WEIRD for about a month or two.  OR invite them HERE...so my neighbors can listen to howling and various other cackles of fiendish delight and metallic banging until 5 am or the sun rises/whichever comes first.

There are varying standards of weird.

True, very true.

I had a GREAT "standard" of weird the other night.  Sat with a delirious 83 year old who had degenerated into a 5 year old.  A NAUGHTY 5 year old.  So flipso-facto when your grandmother has to be held like a child and stroked to get to eat and take her medicine, or you have to keep her from hitting and flipping off the nursing staff. 

Sigh.

Some weird I can REALLY do without.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 05, 2010, 08:43:13 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 05:53:24 PM

There are varying standards of weird.

True, very true.

I had a GREAT "standard" of weird the other night.  Sat with a delirious 83 year old who had degenerated into a 5 year old.  A NAUGHTY 5 year old.  So flipso-facto when your grandmother has to be held like a child and stroked to get to eat and take her medicine, or you have to keep her from hitting and flipping off the nursing staff. 

Sigh.

Some weird I can REALLY do without.

Oh, no.  :(
Molon Lube

Jenne

She's being declared mentally incompetent today, but that's a good thing.  She can't keep having mini-seizures, falling and breaking something all the time.  It's no way for a person to live, shitting and pissing themselves, and then not able to get up and get cleaned, forgetting to take meds and eat, etc.

She's been in this state for a while, but my aunts have been refusing to get her into a home or get a 24/7 nurse...you know, for her DIGNITY.  Because having the firemen see her naked on the floor in a pool of her own urine is so very, you know, DIGNIFIED, when they eventually call 911.