News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Plus I Got Depression

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 15, 2010, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on March 04, 2010, 10:58:21 PM
So, right about 3 pm, my lab mate came up, we were talking for a bit. I was telling him about how crappy I've been feeling, how tired, how unmotivated, and he says, "You know, have you been taking that medication regularly?"

And I say "....nnnno?" And I sigh and realized I've been forgetting to take it.

:crankey:
Molon Lube

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 04, 2010, 11:41:08 PM
Quote from: Kai on March 04, 2010, 10:58:21 PM
So, right about 3 pm, my lab mate came up, we were talking for a bit. I was telling him about how crappy I've been feeling, how tired, how unmotivated, and he says, "You know, have you been taking that medication regularly?"

And I say "....nnnno?" And I sigh and realized I've been forgetting to take it.

:crankey:

I knew you were going to be upset about that, but I thought it would be better to be up front rather than lie.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Freeky

Kai, do you have a cell phone that has an alarm function? That's how I used to remember taking my pills.

Kai

I should be taking it first thing in the morning, when I get up.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Freeky

You should still set an alarm, if you can. It'll help you remember.

Storebrand

When I was on a lot of pills I missed a bunch of them until I bought a crap load of cheapo alarms and set them up around where I would be when I was due for a pill.  Morning pill:  I placed it by the sink in the bathroom and set it for a minute or two after I expected to get out of the shower.  Mid-morning pills:  alarm in my locker set for the break between 1st and 2nd block.  Lunch pill:  I kept my pill in a baggy in my wallet.  It would fall out when I went to pay for lunch....  You get the idea.

Doktor Howl

I remember to take my pills because they fuck me up.
Molon Lube

Storebrand

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 02:41:30 AM
I remember to take my pills because they fuck me up.

lucky bastard

Nast

I seem to have lost the ability to cry. Which is weird, because before I used to be able to get weepy at the drop of the hat.

Now all I can do is wail.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on March 05, 2010, 05:53:53 AM
I seem to have lost the ability to cry. Which is weird, because before I used to be able to get weepy at the drop of the hat.

My oldest daughter was born without the capacity to cry tears. She can, and does, CRY, but her eyes won't weep tears, which got her accused of faking in pre-school until I set them straight.

Once, when she was five, a tear escaped her eye. I took a picture of it.

I am hoping that as she gets older something changes for her, because weeping tears is such a fundamentally human thing I imagine it could be very difficult and unsatisfying to be unable to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Juana

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 05, 2010, 07:32:52 AM
Quote from: Nast on March 05, 2010, 05:53:53 AM

My oldest daughter was born without the capacity to cry tears. She can, and does, CRY, but her eyes won't weep tears, which got her accused of faking in pre-school until I set them straight.

Once, when she was five, a tear escaped her eye. I took a picture of it.

I am hoping that as she gets older something changes for her, because weeping tears is such a fundamentally human thing I imagine it could be very difficult and unsatisfying to be unable to.
Aww. :(

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 05, 2010, 12:17:48 AM
You should still set an alarm, if you can. It'll help you remember.
I need to start doing that. I keep forgetting my second dose of ADD stuff until it's too late to take it, and then I get all annoyingly bouncy and distracted and am useless for the rest of the day.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on March 05, 2010, 07:41:19 AM
do her eyes get very dry?

No, her tear production seems normal, but her drainage ducts are apparently so fantastically efficient that they sweep the tears away before any of them leak out. I'm totally used to it now but people who haven't seen her cry before are usually a bit taken aback. It was also funny when she was small, having a little baby who would be bawling, but with no tears dripping out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

I took my meds earlier last night then watched a Clint Eastwood film and a documentary on chemistry.

I slept until gone midday. I will feel drowsy as fuck all day now.

Dammit I need a lower dose I think.

Plus I'm not on any anti psychotics yet.

Kai

I've noticed, that along with the typical foggy head and headache, the last day my temperature sensors have been all wonky. My temperature is fine, I just feel cold unless I really bundle up.