News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Werewolf III

Started by Remington, March 08, 2010, 06:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the Oracle Telleth a BedTime Story!

Twas the night before Werewolf, and all through the flock
Not a creature was stirring, not even the Dok.
The wolfsbane was hung by the doorway with care,
In hopes that a werewolf would not be there.

The psychic was nestled all snug in his bed
While visions of lottery ticket numbers danced in his head.
The village seemed quiet; peaceful; at rest,
With autumn trees wearing their colourful best.

When out in the field there arose such a howl
I sprang from the bed to see a beast out a-prowl
A horrified gasp sprang forth from my throat,
Followed by silence as I threw on my coat.

I come to you now, to tell you the news,
So sorry, you spags, to cut short your snooze.
'Tis guesome, 'tis horrible, alas and alack
But... 'tis the truth: they're here, THEY'RE BACK!

------------------------------------------------
Werewolf III has begun.

Player List

1. Doktor Howl
2. Dr. James Semaj Official Scapegoat of the PeeDee village
3. StoreBrand Retired from game
4. Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat Resigned from game
5. ThatGreenGentleman Democratically deceased
6. Fredamir Putin VICTIM OF A HORRIBLY PLAGIARIZED NURSERY RHYME
7. Risus
8. Rumckle Such an awesome way to die
9. BDS Needed more salt
10. Sigmatic Wolf Fenrir
11. Requia Wolf Xennas
12. Paesior Awwwwww shit
13. Jason Wabash Holy shit, werewolves with chainsaws
14. Mistress Freeky
15. Lysergic Wolf Shigau
16. Dimo
17. Triple Zero Victim of a break-and-enter
18. Pariah CHOPPITY CHOPPITY CHOP
19. Enrico Salazar Made Xennas bleed
20. Wondering Monk Do never wake a sleepwalker
21. Traffic

Players who die will be crossed off the list and colour-coded (green for a lynched person, red for a 'wolfed' person, and purple for a dead wolf.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Rules
(Read these)

There are 4 werewolves:
Wolf Fenrir
Wolf Shigau
Wolf Maur
Wolf Xennas

The game is divided into "day" and "night" cycles, which are usually 24 hours each. The extended days are so that members from different timezones can participate equally.

Villagers

For the Villagers, the aim is to kill all the Wolves. At the outset of the game, the Villagers do not know who the Wolves are; it is up to them to figure it out.

The Villagers can vote to 'lynch' someone they suspect of being a wolf during the day cycle of the game. To do so, they must secure a certain number of votes (50% - 60%, the exact number will be declared at the beginning of the day). Wolves can participate in the discussion and vote as well, because the villager don't know who they are. People who have already died in the course of the game are not allowed to talk during the day (only during the night), and hence cannot vote.

The Psychic is on the side of the Villagers; he/she gets one chance each night to make a guess and find out whether or not someone is a Wolf. The Psychic sends me a PM, and I tell him/her whether or not that player is a wolf. What the Psychic does with that information is completely up to them.

An important note as well: If the villagers win, ALL of the villagers win (including the dead ones). Because dead villagers (and wolves) can post during the night, being killed does not necessarily mean the game is over for you.

Wolves

The Wolves win when they have reduced the villagers down to a 2:1 ratio. Once this ratio is reached, the wolves will overrun the town and kill all remaining villagers. This means that if all four wolves are alive, they will win when only 8 villagers remain (12 people total).

Unlike the villagers, each Wolf knows who the other Wolves is. Every night, a Wolf can send me a PM telling me who they want to kill, and then that person will be killed. The Wolves take it in turns: Wolf Fenrir the first night, Wolf Shigau the second, Wolf Maur the third, and Wolf Xennas last. On the fifth night, it is Wolf Fenrir's turn again. If a wolf dies, the wolves do not lose a turn. The following morning, I will reveal who was killed.

Siblings

One werewolf and one villager will be chosen to become siblings. These pair no longer share the goals of their factions: they win when they have killed off everyone but them. The werewolves cannot win so long as the traitor in their rank lives, but they cannot attack each other during the night. When one sibling dies, so does the other.

Also, these are important:
-Make it very clear who you are voting to lynch. In order to count, a vote must be stated as follows:
"I vote to lynch [NAME]". You must have the phrase "I vote to lynch", otherwise it could be construed as a suggestion or something. When voting, add a running total so that keeping track of votes is easier.
"I vote to lynch [Player A].
[Player A]:   1"
You can change your vote, but please keep the running total up to date.

-Dead people (villagers AND wolves) can talk during the night, but ONLY at night.

-Wolves cannot disclose who their partner is, even once they're dead.

-Wolves can vote to lynch each other, but cannot kill each other outright (during the night).

-Only players can post in this thread.

It is now night. Wolf Fenrir, please send me your kill. Psychic, send me a guess.
Is it plugged in?

Freeky

Dang Remmy, why'd you have to post so late?

Requia ☣

We should lynch Enrico first.  Not because he's the werewolf, but because he'll win by killing the rest of us, and the werewolf, in our sleep.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 08, 2010, 06:25:21 AM
Dang Remmy, why'd you have to post so late?
Is night owl. Is not my fault.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Also, co-ordinating all four wolves and editing their PMs to make sure the info is correct is a pain in the ass.
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 08, 2010, 06:31:01 AM
We should lynch Enrico first.  Not because he's the werewolf, but because he'll win by killing the rest of us, and the werewolf, in our sleep.

But what if he is a werewolf?  Did someone say fabulous "horrifying"?

Requia ☣

I don't think I'm capable of envisioning an Enrico werewolf.

Every time I try I black out and come too in my shower,
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Dr. Paes

Dimocritus

Just letting you all know I'm here and ready. No matter what, there will be BLOOD!

Man, am I in the mood for a good, old fashioned lynching...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 08, 2010, 06:55:17 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 08, 2010, 06:31:01 AM

But what if he is a werewolf?  Did someone say fabulous "horrifying"?

That would be one sexy werewolf.
Molon Lube

Enrico Salazar

Just because Enrico is not werewolf does not mean he will not eat you.
Did someone say gorgeous?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: dimo on March 08, 2010, 01:46:28 PM
Just letting you all know I'm here and ready. No matter what, there will be BLOOD!

Man, am I in the mood for a good, old fashioned lynching...

I'm thinking TGG.  I never trusted her, and there ARE occasional howls emanating from upstairs, sometimes.
Molon Lube

Remington

You guys might want to think about exactly why Dok Howl is named Dok Howl... just sayin.

Remington,
Is just sayin
Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Remington on March 08, 2010, 03:26:18 PM
You guys might want to think about exactly why Dok Howl is named Dok Howl... just sayin.

Remington,
Is just sayin

That's the kind of cheap trick a wolf would pull.
Molon Lube