News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Werewolf III

Started by Remington, March 08, 2010, 06:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traffic

Mistress Freeky- has a fair of being an antagonist, the way I see it.

There was a 1/6 chance of being a wolf in the previous game.

There is a roughly 1/4 chance of being an antagonist in this game.

that gives the wolves who carried onto this game a 1/24 chance of being bad guys again.
And there are two people in this situation, Semaj and Freeky, and we know semaj ISN'T a wolf which means freeky has a 1/12 chance of being a wolf. Thats about 8-9%, which is more than everyone else.

However, statistics have been known for their horrible lies.

bds

So, nearly 50%, huh?  :p

Also, damn right you're lying. Nice try, but I ain't buying that.

The Wizard

(groan suggesting that you either lynch Howl or Siggy)
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 18, 2010, 06:37:09 PM
(groan suggesting that you either lynch Howl or Siggy)

Siggy has become painfully honest.

I won't be around til late tonight, so put me down for

Siggy 1.
Molon Lube

Traffic

Quote from: BDS on March 18, 2010, 06:33:39 PM
So, nearly 50%, huh?  :p

Also, damn right you're lying. Nice try, but I ain't buying that.

Actually yes. 60% more likely than everyone else. And I wouldnt say a miss of about 10% is bad seeings as the first time I considered this I was calculating it in my head.
Everyone else = 5%.
MF = 8%.

bds

Nice save, honey.

Buuut, being a wolf in a previous game has no bearing on you being a wolf in this game, seeing as how both were generated randomly according to Remington.

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 04:08:27 PM
I'm thinking Siggie.  He's way too gleeful about this.

Yeah, and you're just Mr. Reluctant. 

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: Pariah on March 18, 2010, 12:12:13 AM
OH YOU WILL BE!
YOU'LL ALL BE SORRY

OH NO WE WON'T

I'm not surprised to be under suspicion after campaigning against pariah, but it's not like I was guessing irresponsibly.  I really thought he might be a wolf.

We can't keep on helping the werewolves, even if it means not lynching someone every single day.  At this point, the MO "any lynch is better than no lynch" that we've been using is no longer smart.  I'm not going to vote so soon anymore, and anyone trying to hurry a lynch at this point is kind of suspicious, because that's the thinking that put is where we are.

Traffic

Quote from: BDS on March 18, 2010, 06:42:56 PM
Nice save, honey.

Buuut, being a wolf in a previous game has no bearing on you being a wolf in this game, seeing as how both were generated randomly according to Remington.

I didn't think it was possible to miss the point so horrendously, I even wrote out how I got the percentages.

The whole point of probability is to factor in randomness.

bds

Quote from: Traffic on March 18, 2010, 07:03:00 PM
Nice save, honey.

I didn't think it was possible to miss the point so horrendously, I even wrote out how I got the percentages.

Probability =/= Evidence of lycanthropy, unfortunately.

Traffic

Quote from: BDS on March 18, 2010, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Traffic on March 18, 2010, 07:03:00 PM
Nice save, honey.

Probability =/= Evidence of lycanthropy, unfortunately.

Who said it was?

bds

Presumably nobody, but I'm still right.

It seems ridiculous to suspect somebody based on probability statistics you pulled outta your ass. Not really saying you're wrong, but there's a reason "probability" has "babble" in the middle of it.

Jasper

Quote from: Traffic on March 18, 2010, 06:10:36 PM
freeky has a 1/12 chance of being a wolf. Thats about 8-9%, which is more than everyone else.

Gambler's fallacy, much?

bds

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 18, 2010, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: Traffic on March 18, 2010, 06:10:36 PM
freeky has a 1/12 chance of being a wolf. Thats about 8-9%, which is more than everyone else.

Gambler's fallacy, much?

And that's the intelligent counter I was looking for.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 18, 2010, 06:53:02 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 04:08:27 PM
I'm thinking Siggie.  He's way too gleeful about this.

Yeah, and you're just Mr. Reluctant. 

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: Pariah on March 18, 2010, 12:12:13 AM
OH YOU WILL BE!
YOU'LL ALL BE SORRY

OH NO WE WON'T

I'm not surprised to be under suspicion after campaigning against pariah, but it's not like I was guessing irresponsibly.  I really thought he might be a wolf.

We can't keep on helping the werewolves, even if it means not lynching someone every single day.  At this point, the MO "any lynch is better than no lynch" that we've been using is no longer smart.  I'm not going to vote so soon anymore, and anyone trying to hurry a lynch at this point is kind of suspicious, because that's the thinking that put is where we are.

You're just saying that so you can feed on us with impugnity.
Molon Lube

Jasper

I'm saying it because we can't afford to lynch the wrong people anymore.  We don't have a good enough lead to take any more shots in the dark.

Way to throw me under the bus as soon as somebody offhandedly says it's me OR you, by the way.