if you want beer and your in SLC, The Bayou rocks

Started by -Kel-, March 10, 2010, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 11, 2010, 09:27:53 PM
Eisenbahn Lust   40.00

$40 for a bottle of beer?!

they used to have a $150 or $200 beer but dont anymore. I think it was a type of Chimay.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Sir Squid Diddimus

Eisenbahn Lust   40.00

http://www.ratebeer.com/ratings/beer/eisenbahn-lust/67622/

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10096/36065http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10096/36065

some of these beers are better than a good wine (at least I think so)
this one is also 11.5%

sometimes they're worth the 40 bucks.
but for as much as i'd like to taste sam adams utopias, i wont pay $100-150 for it.
even at up to 27% abv

trippinprincezz13

Figures I see this after we get back from Salt Lake. Oh well, always next time whenever we can afford to go on vacation again. That is a pretty impressive list though.

Also, I hear that sometime this summer or something utah's alcohol content in beer is going to be catching up with the rest of the country. The laws sure are a bit strange. Lower alcohol content and barely any liquor stores in the state, but yet they'll sell 198 proof everclear and you can buy beer til 1 a.m. (11 p.m. in here in MA)
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

-Kel-

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on March 15, 2010, 05:40:51 PM
Figures I see this after we get back from Salt Lake. Oh well, always next time whenever we can afford to go on vacation again. That is a pretty impressive list though.

Also, I hear that sometime this summer or something utah's alcohol content in beer is going to be catching up with the rest of the country. The laws sure are a bit strange. Lower alcohol content and barely any liquor stores in the state, but yet they'll sell 198 proof everclear and you can buy beer til 1 a.m. (11 p.m. in here in MA)

yeah we gotta be sneaky. if you go to the local breweries they sell high point beer. At least the bars are now public, those cover charges and filling out "membership forms" were ridiculous.

Jenne

Quote from: -Kel- on March 15, 2010, 06:50:13 PM

yeah we gotta be sneaky. if you go to the local breweries they sell high point beer. At least the bars are now public, those cover charges and filling out "membership forms" were ridiculous.

Dang.  What the fuck.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: -Kel- on March 15, 2010, 06:50:13 PM

Yea, one of my bf's friends were telling us about that during a conversation about smoking in bars. That was pretty ridiculous. Probably make me never want to go to the bars anymore. Only went to one bar while we were out there since it's much cheaper drinking at home/friends houses anyway. No everclear either this time since we weren't heading straight home from slc and figured it'd be a spectacular pretty bad idea to have it in vegas.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

NWC

Quote from: -Kel- on March 11, 2010, 09:43:42 PM
Eisenbahn Lust   40.00

they used to have a $150 or $200 beer but dont anymore. I think it was a type of Chimay.

jeeeesus. I was shocked when I saw the Chimay Bleu at 16. Why is Chimay so high there compared to Westmalle? For me a Chimay Bleu and a Wastmalle triple each cost 1.20€ at the grocery store.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Triple Zero

Chimay is nice, but not that nice. Also, if you'd mail-order them from Belgium, you'd still pay less than 1/10th of the price :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Comrade Humar

I'm going to college in SLC in the fall, so it's always awesome to know where to get beer! I noticed there was no Blue Moon however. That's a damn shame.
This sentence is a lie.

BADGE OF HONOR

I was there yesterday, pretty sure I saw Blue Moon on tap.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Sir Squid Diddimus

Blue Moon is like Sierra Nevada in that it's drinkable if there's nothing else better.

Comrade Humar

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on April 11, 2010, 08:49:40 PM
I was there yesterday, pretty sure I saw Blue Moon on tap.

Cool. That's my favorite drink to try and drink in excess. I get tired of the taste of other beer after the fourth or fifth.
This sentence is a lie.

BADGE OF HONOR

Oh honey no.  The Bayou is not the venue for drinking to excess.

Comrade Humar

Well, that's one of those things I tend to look for when I walk in. I don't want to look like an asshole. It seems like a place to go if I have some money I would like to spend on fine brews. I'll most certainly give it a try.
This sentence is a lie.