News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Endangered Species for Dinner in Vegas

Started by Richter, March 11, 2010, 03:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Nast

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 11, 2010, 07:16:25 PM
Why the hell is it that when whales beach themselves on our shores, we don't carve them up and sell them to sushi restaurants?

All that meat goes to waste, and the beaches are inhospitable for a full fucking year.

Apparently beached whales can't be consumed because their carcasses are full of delicious botulism.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on March 13, 2010, 05:26:33 AM
Why the hell is it that when whales beach themselves on our shores, we don't carve them up and sell them to sushi restaurants?

All that meat goes to waste, and the beaches are inhospitable for a full fucking year.

Apparently beached whales can't be consumed because their carcasses are full of delicious botulism.

Not if they're still alive when they beach, which is really common.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 13, 2010, 05:46:55 AM

Not if they're still alive when they beach, which is really common.

Well then I see no problem!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Given the sort of person who would probably eat whale, I fail to see a problem here.

Not because I think its morally wrong, but just because whale meat sounds so fucking nasty, blubbery and oily.

East Coast Hustle

you know the part in Anchorman where Paul Rudd uses the Sex Panther cologne in the office and one lady screams out "It smells like Bigfoot's dick!!!"?

whale meat tastes worse than that sounds like it would smell.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nast

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2010, 09:18:11 AM

Given the sort of person who would probably eat whale, I fail to see a problem here.

Not because I think its morally wrong, but just because whale meat sounds so fucking nasty, blubbery and oily.

Hey man, lay off of those Inuits!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nast on March 14, 2010, 04:13:25 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2010, 09:18:11 AM

Hey man, lay off of those Inuits!

But I like their Inuwitticisms.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 13, 2010, 10:06:53 AM
you know the part in Anchorman where Paul Rudd uses the Sex Panther cologne in the office and one lady screams out "It smells like Bigfoot's dick!!!"?

whale meat tastes worse than that sounds like it would smell.

I've seen whaleburgers a couple of times, and I really, really like burgers, but those things looked about as appetizing as eating my own toenail clippings.  There is just something really off about whalemeat, its wrongness is just so blatant and obvious.

Richter

Oceangoing mammal reaks like nothing else.  One big dead seal can stink up half a harbor.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nast

Also, many cases in the US of botulism were in Alaska, which were attributable to improperly fermented traditional foods. The use of plastic and glass in storing these foods, instead of traditional methods is what's caused it.

Moral: don't keep your blubber in plastic bags.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, I really don't want to think about what kind of recipes involve fermented whale meat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

I didn't want to think about a bag stitched out of seal skin sitting in the fridge, leaking seal juice on everything either.  :|
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

I didn't want to think about buttered polar bear meat made into a burger and served on a pretzel bun with horseradish.  :|