News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

In those days.

Started by Kai, March 12, 2010, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

In those days when time and space were young and form was yet recent the holy and prodigal sons of Charles Darwin were plotting a revolt against the paradigm of The Organism. They were in their trenches Haldane and Crick and others armed with testubes and microscopes and they knew the path to righteousness.

With the coming of the martyred Rosaline Franklin The Organism dissolved into cells and cells into genes and genes into nucleotides and nucleotides into atoms and atoms into energy and there was no longer The Organism there was nothing but physics and the holy law was

DNA TO RNA TO PROTEIN

written above the door of the cathedral and the bells were ringing ringing.

In caves above the city the infidels resisted the shift, Wilson and Mayr and others resisted. They spat on the "exceptional young man"s and the "first-rate"s and the "brilliant discoveries" they sat by and watched as ivory bell towers grew taller and taller and they knew that babel had fallen because physics favors no one

The diciples  split over arguments and left the cathedral to dally with others they were inspired to seek connections and they found the infidels and befriended them while the remaining holy scribes locked themselves in the highest tower and the people were no longer enthralled and moved on to other pilgrimages while the tower stood crumbling.

As the tower came crashing down no one noticed, they had built themselves smaller churches.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

MMIX

Man, are you ever cooking with gas today Kai . . .  :mittens:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Freeky

Quote from: MMIX on March 12, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
Man, are you ever cooking with gas today Kai . . .  :mittens:

Evil gas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4FQoznrVwU&feature=PlayList&p=FE7AD065285785BD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=55

(Sorry, I remembered this all these years and never knew what it was from...)

Freeky

Also, Kai, :mittens: that was an excellent read!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Kai, that was was awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

:mittens:  can't wait to read the sequels you've put up.

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Jenne on March 15, 2010, 03:55:17 PM
:mittens:  can't wait to read the sequels you've put up.

For future noobs and because I'm an archival addict.  Over the red-warning number of days to BUMP.

In those days Pt. 2
In those days Pt. 3
In those days Pt. 4
In those days Pt. 5
In those days Pt. 6
In those days Pt. 7
In those days Pt. 8
In those days Pt. 9
In those days Pt. 10
In those days Pt. 11
In those days: Belated Preface to a Dear Friend

I'd like to do this with some other series' on the forum.  If it's crazy-obnoxious or rude in a way I don't get, let me know and I'll lay off the lings.

Kai - I really enjoyed reading these.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Kai

Thanks!  :) I appreciate it, because now I won't have to go digging for the individual chapters, much less any newbie that comes along.

We really need an archivist, Rhizome, there is so much around here buried in the archives, so if you want to take it on please go for it! Especially if it's something you enjoy.  :D

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Jenne

Quote from: Kai on July 14, 2010, 04:57:08 PM
Thanks!  :) I appreciate it, because now I won't have to go digging for the individual chapters, much less any newbie that comes along.

We really need an archivist, Rhizome, there is so much around here buried in the archives, so if you want to take it on please go for it! Especially if it's something you enjoy.  :D

I second this. PD REALLLLY needs an easy-access guide to the "classics."

Jasper

I think I missed this when it was new, good bump.  Reminds me of Anathem (I know, a bit obviously).

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Jenne on July 14, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
Quote from: Kai on July 14, 2010, 04:57:08 PM

I second this. PD REALLLLY needs an easy-access guide to the "classics."

Cool.  :)  Good to hear there was no offense involved (organizing other people's shit without their permission on a discordian board? + knowing roughly jackshit about discordianism? dangerous bsns!), and I'm glad it's a help to you, Kai.

Two forum members have given me leave to gather fallen links.  Til someone sez nay, that's all the permission I need.  Beware peedee!  I am going to clean your room!!!  BWA-haa-haa!!!

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 15, 2010, 12:29:43 AM
I think I missed this when it was new, good bump.  Reminds me of Anathem (I know, a bit obviously).

Just finished Anathem about a month ago.  Good comparison.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Kai

Beware? Having a clean room is nice. Allows more thinking to get done.