News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

AnitaGASM

Started by Dimocritus, March 18, 2010, 06:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Really, I need a GASM. Something that can be done IRL, that's inexpensive, can be done with a group and will cause some form of mind-fuckery. PosterGASM is still my fave, but I need to break the monotony, and I want to get my "cabal" more active, thus the group aspect. Plus, the weather is getting nice, so something that can be done out-doors would be realy cool. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

LMNO

Get a boom box and recreate the first ten minutes of "West Side Story" in downtown Providence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: dimo on March 18, 2010, 06:53:56 PM
Really, I need a GASM. Something that can be done IRL, that's inexpensive, can be done with a group and will cause some form of mind-fuckery. PosterGASM is still my fave, but I need to break the monotony, and I want to get my "cabal" more active, thus the group aspect. Plus, the weather is getting nice, so something that can be done out-doors would be realy cool. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

I have something Richter and I have been working on.  It's closely related to postergasm.

Basically, I'm chopping up the Sesame Street Dialogues and posting portions of it along the bus routes in Tucson, at major interchanges.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on March 18, 2010, 06:56:46 PM
Get a boom box and recreate the first ten minutes of "West Side Story" in downtown Providence.

This is good. I want more "weird" or more mind-fuckery though. It's definitely going on the list.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 06:56:53 PM

I have something Richter and I have been working on.  It's closely related to postergasm.

Basically, I'm chopping up the Sesame Street Dialogues and posting portions of it along the bus routes in Tucson, at major interchanges.

Please to be elaborating on sesame st. dialogues.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: dimo on March 18, 2010, 07:02:46 PM

This is good. I want more "weird" or more mind-fuckery though. It's definitely going on the list.

I have something Richter and I have been working on.  It's closely related to postergasm.

Found here, toward the bottom:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=23981.0
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 07:11:00 PM

I have something Richter and I have been working on.  It's closely related to postergasm.

Thankee. Will look into.

Also, any good ideas on like a fake/sarcastic (maybe not the right word) sort of protest? I'll picket all day if the lulz are there.

EDIT: Looked into. Are there posters prepared already, or are they still in the works?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: dimo on March 18, 2010, 07:14:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 07:11:00 PM

Thankee. Will look into.

Also, any good ideas on like a fake/sarcastic (maybe not the right word) sort of protest? I'll picket all day if the lulz are there.

Well, April 14th is coming up, so the teabaggers will be out.

Take their schtick, and go way over the top.  I know I will be.

I already have sign materials purchased and in my garage.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 07:18:28 PM

Ah, good idea. Those guys make such easy targets, no? It's a wonder how anyone takes them seriously.

And this if you didn't see it:

Quote from: dimoEDIT: Looked into. Are there posters prepared already, or are they still in the works?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: dimo on March 18, 2010, 07:25:49 PM

Ah, good idea. Those guys make such easy targets, no? It's a wonder how anyone takes them seriously.

Quote from: dimoEDIT: Looked into. Are there posters prepared already, or are they still in the works?

I'll be posting PDFs on Saturday.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2010, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: dimo on March 18, 2010, 07:25:49 PM

I'll be posting PDFs on Saturday.

Woot! I love the smell of a fresh posterGASM in the morning.

Telarus

Here's the announcement St. Mae did for the '06 Kallisticon Activity:
-----
For our public event this year, Discordian.com's KallistiCon presents:

A GENERIC PROTEST

It's not important where we stand on the Issue, but that we Stand Together! Stuff is bad! We the people advocate Standing Together and sharing an opinion! We're believers! We choose to Come Together and work for a Better Tomorrow! We protest!

You're invited to join us in solidarity. Bring generic protest signs (good signs: Protest Sign, Yes, No, This is Important, Not Ambivalent, I Agree, Thingie!) and a willingness to march and chant and share views with passersby.

Meet at Union Square (in the center) in San Francisco at 1:30. We'll be there for at least thirty minutes, probably more like an hour.
------

From her stories, there were wild chants of "Down with Stuff!" "We say No!" until a couple people broke into an generic-anti-protest ("HEY WAIT A SECOND. We're FOR Stuff! Down with those against Stuff!"), and then it got really interesting for the befuddled crowds.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Telarus on March 18, 2010, 08:37:09 PM
-----

A GENERIC PROTEST

It's not important where we stand on the Issue, but that we Stand Together! Stuff is bad! We the people advocate Standing Together and sharing an opinion! We're believers! We choose to Come Together and work for a Better Tomorrow! We protest!

You're invited to join us in solidarity. Bring generic protest signs (good signs: Protest Sign, Yes, No, This is Important, Not Ambivalent, I Agree, Thingie!) and a willingness to march and chant and share views with passersby.

Meet at Union Square (in the center) in San Francisco at 1:30. We'll be there for at least thirty minutes, probably more like an hour.
------

From her stories, there were wild chants of "Down with Stuff!" "We say No!" until a couple people broke into an generic-anti-protest ("HEY WAIT A SECOND. We're FOR Stuff! Down with those against Stuff!"), and then it got really interesting for the befuddled crowds.

This is good, too. It's on the list.

Telarus

If you haven't seen it, I really recommend St. Mae and Fox's talk at the 23c3in Germany a few years ago (she mentions the protest there and has some other good memetic hacking ideas):

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Fahrplan/events/1698.en.html

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6224314687831046185&hl=en

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on March 18, 2010, 08:37:09 PM
-----

A GENERIC PROTEST

------

Sounds like St Mae is thieving from England's "We're Against This Sort of Thing".
Molon Lube

Cramulus

it's not theft, it's piracy!  :bsex: