News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Unvarnished Truth #1: Communism, Libertarianism, and Rational Anarchy.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 23, 2010, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Richter

You dropped the hint about Democracy, but didn't quite throw it in the same light.    "50% +1" vote FOR the it, the person, or the idea, and they expect it's the best idea, or the one people will be happy with.  People change their minds, people are wrong, and the fact that a majority wanted it usually fails to mollify anyone out of disillusionment.

Since no system is perfect, refreshing or swapping them every so often will at least give people longer to find beef with the new one.  the more sincere the change, the longer the honeymoon with the new one.  (The Tree of Liberty needs no blood, but watering it with blood shows people you mean business.) 

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I like most of this and agree...

However, I am somewhat confused. You state that Rational Anarchy assumes that monkeys won't form more and more complex systems... which I'm confused by. You also conclude with:

QuoteThe answer, of course, is to let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.

QuoteOr:  Have your fun, just don't let the monkeys know about it.

Both of these seem to support precisely what Rational Anarchism is...

Could you explain the difference please? :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 02:17:05 PM
Okay, Ippie...What DID you mean by "privilege"?

Hm...
well, Privilege is, as you know, derived of the latin for 'private law'.
it seems to me that seeking autonomy within the system is the pursuit of this.

If, in pursuit of your personal autonomy within the monkey's system, you happen upon an opportunity to establish an arrangement that will further your autonomy, wouldn't you take it?  Say, a simple good ol' boy friendship with the local sheriff who you met and is actually pretty cool...  Seems like a no brainer.  Make friends with the enforcers, and you're less likely to have them stomp on your TAZ.  Hell, mebbee they'll let you come play in their TAZ... So you've got a network of friends that you determine not to be knuckle draggers that you work with in order to avoid the control of the system.

Now, what about accumulation of wealth?  That gives you some slack.  Well, maybe it doesn't actually bestow slack itself, but if you have the comfort of wealth, I facilitates slack.  So do you feel compelled to stay within The System for this purpose even though you don't for others?  Or would you seek to avoid those aspects (and only those) that are disadvantageous to your self?

Now, if you've established that you are able to enjoy yourself in spite of, and in violation of the monkey's govt., and you've also established that you will better yourself materially in the same manner, then the arrangements that you make in order to do this are effectively a private law. Privilege.  

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 24, 2010, 03:54:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 02:17:05 PM
Okay, Ippie...What DID you mean by "privilege"?

Hm...
well, Privilege is, as you know, derived of the latin for 'private law'.
it seems to me that seeking autonomy within the system is the pursuit of this.

If, in pursuit of your personal autonomy within the monkey's system, you happen upon an opportunity to establish an arrangement that will further your autonomy, wouldn't you take it?  Say, a simple good ol' boy friendship with the local sheriff who you met and is actually pretty cool...  Seems like a no brainer.  Make friends with the enforcers, and you're less likely to have them stomp on your TAZ.  Hell, mebbee they'll let you come play in their TAZ... So you've got a network of friends that you determine not to be knuckle draggers that you work with in order to avoid the control of the system.

Now, what about accumulation of wealth?  That gives you some slack.  Well, maybe it doesn't actually bestow slack itself, but if you have the comfort of wealth, I facilitates slack.  So do you feel compelled to stay within The System for this purpose even though you don't for others?  Or would you seek to avoid those aspects (and only those) that are disadvantageous to your self?

Now, if you've established that you are able to enjoy yourself in spite of, and in violation of the monkey's govt., and you've also established that you will better yourself materially in the same manner, then the arrangements that you make in order to do this are effectively a private law. Privilege.  


Oh, well, then, I guess I don't have to write the next installment, because you have assumed something that I wasn't going to say at all, and then stated that this is what I fucking want.

Done.  FFS.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 03:38:41 PM
I like most of this and agree...

However, I am somewhat confused. You state that Rational Anarchy assumes that monkeys won't form more and more complex systems... which I'm confused by. You also conclude with:

QuoteThe answer, of course, is to let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.

QuoteOr:  Have your fun, just don't let the monkeys know about it.

Both of these seem to support precisely what Rational Anarchism is...

Could you explain the difference please? :)

See above comment.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

You know what?  I'm fucking done with this series.  Congratulations, Ippie and Ratatosk.  Since you two insist on putting fucking words in my mouth, particularly ippie, after I said the follow up would explain what I meant by the goddamn TAZ, including methods I had NO FUCKING INTENTION OF USING, I guess I'll just let you two fuckers write the other four essays.

Privilege.  Kiss my fucking ass.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

 :oops:
sorry, man.
i guess i shoulda stuck to a mittens emote, and stfu...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on March 24, 2010, 04:34:22 PM
:oops:
sorry, man.
i guess i shoulda stuck to a mittens emote, and stfu...

No, no, you can write what I was going to say, considering that:

1.  Your comment had nothing to do with what I HAD ALREADY WRITTEN (so your emote argument is BULLSHIT), and

2.  You obviously know precisely what the fuck I was going to write in the next fucking installment.  That's why you were able to TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK I WAS THINKING, because God knows, NOBODY HAS A FRESH APPROACH EVER, it's just the SAME OLD SHIT, TIME AFTER TIME, because you won't have it any other fucking way, because GOD FORBID someone post something that doesn't fit into one of your pre-programmed responses, because then you might have to FUCKING THINK.

Me:  Here's the problem, next I'll talk about the solution.

You:  YOUR SOLUTION IS PRIVILEGE!  UNNNNNNNNNNG!


Well, that's been headed off at the pass.  You may now return to the same old tired-ass retread arguments.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I'll continue this series when I stop seeing red.  Next year or so.

Well trolled, Ippie.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 04:24:52 PM
You know what?  I'm fucking done with this series.  Congratulations, Ippie and Ratatosk.  Since you two insist on putting fucking words in my mouth, particularly ippie, after I said the follow up would explain what I meant by the goddamn TAZ, including methods I had NO FUCKING INTENTION OF USING, I guess I'll just let you two fuckers write the other four essays.

Privilege.  Kiss my fucking ass.


What words did I put in your mouth? I ask a fucking question.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 04:24:52 PM
You know what?  I'm fucking done with this series.  Congratulations, Ippie and Ratatosk.  Since you two insist on putting fucking words in my mouth, particularly ippie, after I said the follow up would explain what I meant by the goddamn TAZ, including methods I had NO FUCKING INTENTION OF USING, I guess I'll just let you two fuckers write the other four essays.

Privilege.  Kiss my fucking ass.


What words did I put in your mouth? I ask a fucking question.


You, like Ippie, decided how I was going to explain the TAZ.  Then you told me, Socratically, what I was really thinking

Well, fuck you both.  You finish the series, since it's obvious that there are no new ideas that don't fit into your particular BIP.  That's right, there's never a fresh approach, and we can just sit here and cut and paste the same old arguments all fucking day long.

I knew this shit was going to happen, and said as much to more than one person.  I honest to God don't know why I bothered.  Foolish optimism, I suppose.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Unbunch your fucking panties, FFS. this is PD.com (where we can respond to posts however we choose, for better or worse) not Roger.com, where everyone hangs with baited breath to wait to see what YOU and ONLY YOU think about a subject and everybody just posts mittens and "IAWTC".

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, now even the non-retarded people here are starting to be retarded. Did somebody put something in the water?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypseâ„¢

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.


Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 24, 2010, 05:06:34 PM
Unbunch your fucking panties, FFS. this is PD.com (where we can respond to posts however we choose, for better or worse) not Roger.com, where everyone hangs with baited breath to wait to see what YOU and ONLY YOU think about a subject and everybody just posts mittens and "IAWTC".

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, now even the non-retarded people here are starting to be retarded. Did somebody put something in the water?

You're absolutely right.  This isn't roger.com, it's PD, so I don't have to, you know, finish a thought.  I can just have these two assholes do it for me.  Also, I shouldn't write anything in a series, to make sure I take the time to write it properly, because expecting to receive comments on what I've written - as opposed to what I am GOING to write - is totally unreasonable.  I should simply let other people make my point for me, because God forbid I make my own points in my own series, prior to having it dissected and analyzed.  That's like assuming the whole board is my personal playground.

I should simply resign myself to backing arguments other people make for me.  Otherwise, there's danger that there may be more than 3 or 4 arguments that people will have to memorize.  That would complicate things.

And complexity is bad.
Molon Lube