News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

The Shame Thread.

Started by Richter, March 24, 2010, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on April 16, 2010, 08:48:31 PM
I flirt too much. Even if I mean nothing by it. :(

Wait, that's shameful?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

This is turning into the First World Problems thread, isn't it?

Freeky

True shame:

I AM NOT ASHAMED TO FART IN PUBLIC.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 16, 2010, 08:49:02 PM

Wait, that's shameful?

Oh wait, nevermind. I'm not married to Herbert anymore.

...So uh...how YOU doin'?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on April 16, 2010, 08:49:02 PM

Wait, that's shameful?

It's a somewhere between a form of flattery and a sport, IMHO.  Just like all gladiator fights weren't necessarily to the death, all flirting doesn't necessarily mean explicit intent.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 16, 2010, 08:49:26 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on April 16, 2010, 04:33:09 AM
I AM A JANITOR. 

A JANITOR

Where's the shame in that?

Clearly, I am meant for Better ThingsTM.  I have dreams, dammit.  :lol: 

Ok, it really ain't that bad.  At least I have a reason not to sleep in every damn day now.  That was getting out of hand.

NWC

I don't drink so much, but if I go to the store to buy some beer, I always have to buy something with it, otherwise I feel people will judge me as an alcoholic. I often end of buying many small things, pasta, rice, milk, ect., to make it look like my beer was an afterthought.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

NWC

Quote from: NotPubli on March 25, 2010, 03:32:22 AM
WHEN I WAS 12 I PEED MY PANTS IN CLASS CAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO GO TO THE TOILET AND DIDNT WANT TO MISS CLASS

same thing except younger and poop

LMNO

Quote from: NWC on April 17, 2010, 01:52:45 AM
I don't drink so much, but if I go to the store to buy some beer, I always have to buy something with it, otherwise I feel people will judge me as an alcoholic. I often end of buying many small things, pasta, rice, milk, ect., to make it look like my beer was an afterthought.

ok, yeah. That's shameful.

Triple Zero

But you live in Belgium. Over here, everybody (just about everybody) feels they need to make up an excuse if they want a drink before 18h. Like "oh, it's 16h now, and we're at a sort of party right, so yeah I think I can start on a beer now, hm?".

It's one of the things foreign people are taught when they get inburgeringscursus ("dutch culture class", sort of), along with such social oddities as how to properly congratulate your neighbour on having a baby (I think you are supposed to drop them a card, cause just ringing them up might be stressfull to the new mother or so--I forget, I'm not that well burgered myself) ("burger" is Dutch for citizen btw).

A liquid lunch in a public place like LMNO does sometimes would probably get you looks, here. Unless maybe you're a construction worker or so, but even then.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

NWC

Yeah I know it's not so weird, but I still feel self-conscious. I live here but I didn't grow up here, it still feels weird that my girlfriend's parents always offer me a beer with dinner, and ask if I want another afterward(to which I always answer no).

Btw I love that the Dutch word for citizen is burger, I was in Ghent recently with some friends who taught me that after I saw a sign that said weltburger, and had a bunch of pictures of people, which I said must have been an advertisement for a cannibal restaurant.

Jasper

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 17, 2010, 10:28:52 AM

But you live in Belgium. Over here, everybody (just about everybody) feels they need to make up an excuse if they want a drink before 18h. Like "oh, it's 16h now, and we're at a sort of party right, so yeah I think I can start on a beer now, hm?".

It's one of the things foreign people are taught when they get inburgeringscursus ("dutch culture class", sort of), along with such social oddities as how to properly congratulate your neighbour on having a baby (I think you are supposed to drop them a card, cause just ringing them up might be stressfull to the new mother or so--I forget, I'm not that well burgered myself) ("burger" is Dutch for citizen btw).

A liquid lunch in a public place like LMNO does sometimes would probably get you looks, here. Unless maybe you're a construction worker or so, but even then.

Bugger that.  I prefer the convention in Key West.  Their motto is:  It's five o'clock somewhere, right?  I'll have a beer.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No shit

there is one store that I pretty much only go to for beer or wine, it never occurs to me to buy anything else with it. Of course, in Portland it is culturally appropriate to have beer for breakfast, so...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

I JUST TOOK DOWN MY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!
:D