News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

PD.com is sick.

Started by Dr. Paes, March 25, 2010, 03:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I can see how you could have interpreted his post that way.  On the other hand, running in spewing vitriol about it only proves Paes' point.  If you're too wrapped up in your own ego to see my point and too self-righteous to admit that maybe we're both right, well, I guess you are part of the problem.

PS is there something bothering you in your personal life?  I've never in five years seen you this continuously butthurt over anything and I wonder if maybe you're taking your issues out on the rest of us.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Dr. Paes

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 25, 2010, 07:40:32 PM
Paes characterized the genesis of the drama as posters being upset that there was too much fluff. I was taking issue with that characterization.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there.

The fluff/content discussion wasn't supposed to be the topic of this, but even a slight reference to it would have probably overpowered the rest of the message. I felt it was relevant, because the fluff/content discussion has been referred to in a large number of threads.
Following your "Roger, you were right all along" post, people got the impression that your issue was with fluff vs content. Or at least I got the impression that they got this impression, because reference to fluff vs content sprung up all over the board. Some people being upset that their content is ignored and their threads filled with fluff and some people feeling that their fluff was no longer welcome and that they were unable to contribute anything more substantial than they were.

To me, this was noticeable enough to refer to it, partially to see if in my responses it was acknowledged that others felt this way as well.
It's not really a large enough part of the point that I can be bothered digging up a whole lot of posts which gave me the impression, but here are a few posts where people were taking one side or the other in the non-existent fluff/content war.

Dok comparing members interest in fluff compared to content.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24468.msg845079#msg845079

Remington feeling game threads were classed as "fluff" and therefore unwelcome.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24404.msg844084#msg844084

And fuck it because I'm throwing 500 errors all over the place using search.
Maybe they're there or maybe I imagined them. I'll probably write something else later with the same topic and a different description, keeping the fluff/content argument out of it.

tl;dr of OP: The discussion of and reaction to any proposed "problem" with PD.com appears to be spagging up the boards and making everything worse. The discussion of and reaction to these discussions and reactions are even worse and this thread in reaction to the metatopics is just getting fucking silly.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dr. Paes on March 26, 2010, 12:32:19 AM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 25, 2010, 07:40:32 PM
Paes characterized the genesis of the drama as posters being upset that there was too much fluff. I was taking issue with that characterization.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there.

The fluff/content discussion wasn't supposed to be the topic of this, but even a slight reference to it would have probably overpowered the rest of the message. I felt it was relevant, because the fluff/content discussion has been referred to in a large number of threads.
Following your "Roger, you were right all along" post, people got the impression that your issue was with fluff vs content. Or at least I got the impression that they got this impression, because reference to fluff vs content sprung up all over the board. Some people being upset that their content is ignored and their threads filled with fluff and some people feeling that their fluff was no longer welcome and that they were unable to contribute anything more substantial than they were.

To me, this was noticeable enough to refer to it, partially to see if in my responses it was acknowledged that others felt this way as well.
It's not really a large enough part of the point that I can be bothered digging up a whole lot of posts which gave me the impression, but here are a few posts where people were taking one side or the other in the non-existent fluff/content war.

Dok comparing members interest in fluff compared to content.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24468.msg845079#msg845079

Remington feeling game threads were classed as "fluff" and therefore unwelcome.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=24404.msg844084#msg844084

And fuck it because I'm throwing 500 errors all over the place using search.
Maybe they're there or maybe I imagined them. I'll probably write something else later with the same topic and a different description, keeping the fluff/content argument out of it.

tl;dr of OP: The discussion of and reaction to any proposed "problem" with PD.com appears to be spagging up the boards and making everything worse. The discussion of and reaction to these discussions and reactions are even worse and this thread in reaction to the metatopics is just getting fucking silly.

fair enough. I probably should have shut my fool mouth and not spagged up your thread with my tangent anyway, given how much it irritates me when people do that to my threads. Apologies.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 25, 2010, 08:10:50 PM
I can see how you could have interpreted his post that way.  On the other hand, running in spewing vitriol about it only proves Paes' point.  If you're too wrapped up in your own ego to see my point and too self-righteous to admit that maybe we're both right, well, I guess you are part of the problem.

PS is there something bothering you in your personal life?  I've never in five years seen you this continuously butthurt over anything and I wonder if maybe you're taking your issues out on the rest of us.

we are certainly both right and I never excluded myself from being part of the problem. And no, my personal life is going pretty well, though I am actually just the slightest bit touched by your concern. I think living in this idiotic hippie/hipster/trustafarian "utopia" has robbed me of necessary conflict in my day-to-day life. Those energies are ever-present in me and need an outlet, so I'm willing to consider that I may be reacting too strongly to what I perceive as problems here.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

This is why I swordfight in the park. Portland is like a vortex unless you find creative outlets for conflict.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Quote from: Telarus on March 26, 2010, 06:55:33 PM
This is why I swordfight in the park. Portland is like a vortex unless you find creative outlets for conflict.

Did someone say conflict?

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 25, 2010, 08:10:50 PM

we are certainly both right and I never excluded myself from being part of the problem. And no, my personal life is going pretty well, though I am actually just the slightest bit touched by your concern. I think living in this idiotic hippie/hipster/trustafarian "utopia" has robbed me of necessary conflict in my day-to-day life. Those energies are ever-present in me and need an outlet, so I'm willing to consider that I may be reacting too strongly to what I perceive as problems here.

I'm cool if you're cool.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

East Coast Hustle

I'm cool. You'll have to work harder than that to get kicked off of my list of people from PD I'd like to have a beer with someday.

BADGE OF HONOR

I've been forced to learn how to keep my temper in the last six months or so  :lol: