News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Picking Cain's Brains

Started by Cain, March 24, 2010, 10:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. Drug traffickers would have the connections and the money to afford this kind of hit...Colombian mercs are "cheap", but we're speaking comparatively here, so it's not like they're within everyone's means. If that's right, then we'll have to see who the traffickers are affiliated with, internationally or otherwise.

Cain

I also do think it's plausible that the "inside job" theory being floated by the opposition has some merit. It's not impossible that the Colombian team had a guy on the inside to help bring them in, disable the alarms or whatever, it's not like the two theories are *entirely* incompatible.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 11, 2021, 04:52:31 PM
I also do think it's plausible that the "inside job" theory being floated by the opposition has some merit. It's not impossible that the Colombian team had a guy on the inside to help bring them in, disable the alarms or whatever, it's not like the two theories are *entirely* incompatible.

I tend to agree with this.  The timeline of when the mercs arrived isn't entirely consistent with the events that occurred.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Much obliged gents, will dig into it over the next few weeks.

I'm honestly surprised more isn't being made of this generally.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 11, 2021, 06:43:57 PM
Much obliged gents, will dig into it over the next few weeks.

I'm honestly surprised more isn't being made of this generally.

The first world has abandoned the pretense that anyone gives a shit about the Caribbean.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, Haiti in particular has basically been crapped on by everyone, repreatedly.

Cain

So, this is just slightly suspicious.

QuoteSeveral of the men involved in the assassination of Haiti's President previously worked as US law enforcement informants, according to people briefed on the matter, as US investigators grapple with an increasing number of Florida links to the alleged hit squad.

Haitian President Jovenel Moise was killed last Wednesday in an operation that Haitian authorities say involved at least 28 people, many of them Colombian mercenaries hired through a Florida-based security company.

At least one of the men arrested in connection to the assassination by Haitian authorities previously worked as an informant for the US Drug Enforcement Administration, the DEA said in a statement in response to CNN.

As is this:

Quote"Following the assassination of President Moise, the suspect reached out to his contacts at the DEA. A DEA official assigned to Haiti urged the suspect to surrender to local authorities and, along with a US State Department official, provided information to the Haitian government that assisted in the surrender and arrest of the suspect and one other individual," the DEA said.

The DEA said it is aware of reports that some assassins yelled "DEA" at the time of their attack. The DEA said in its statement that none of the attackers were operating on behalf of the agency.

Other suspects also had US ties, including working as informants for the FBI, the people briefed on the matter said. The FBI said in response to CNN's reporting that it doesn't comment on informants, except to say that it uses "lawful sources to collect intelligence" as part of its investigations.

Cain

It is perhaps especially ironic that I've recently been reading about the DEA's peripheral role in the Lockerbie bombing recently (Cypriot-based DEA cell was piggybacked by the DIA using sloppy tradecraft, targeted PFLP-GC linked traffickers and so on).

Cain

If people want to check out the other links before I get to them:

QuoteAuthorities on Monday announced the arrest of a suspect who they say orchestrated the assassination. Haitian-born Christian Emmanuel Sanon, 63, entered the country on a private jet in June, Police Chief Leon Charles said at a news conference.

Haitian authorities say that Sanon hired the Florida-based company CTU Security, which they alleged recruited men initially to provide security for Sanon, though their mission appears to have changed thereafter.

"He came to Haiti accompanied by a few people in the beginning of June, these people were supposed to ensure his security and his business," said Charles at the news conference. "He came with the intention to take over as President of the Republic."

Two Colombian suspects who were killed in Haiti by police also had links to CTU Security, which is owned by a Venezuelan national, said Colombian police on Monday. They have requested assistance from the US Interpol office to investigate the company's data.

Junkenstein

From what I've seen so far, there's some kind of 3 way power struggle going on, which is great. Nothing like trying to do a kind of coup and having 2 other fucks join in.

So, might just be the start of a huge shitshow.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 13, 2021, 12:48:08 PM
From what I've seen so far, there's some kind of 3 way power struggle going on, which is great. Nothing like trying to do a kind of coup and having 2 other fucks join in.

So, might just be the start of a huge shitshow.

It's Haiti.  Nothing good ever happens to Haiti.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

I'm in the UK.

I can strongly empathise with both an island nation and urge to do a coup. And if I did, I'd be sure at least two other fucks would join in. Itd Probably be at least be between farage, piers Morgan, count binface, p3nt Cain, blair and me. And I'm reasonably certain we're each waiting for the other to go first.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2021, 09:13:55 PM
I'm in the UK.

I can strongly empathise with both an island nation and urge to do a coup. And if I did, I'd be sure at least two other fucks would join in. Itd Probably be at least be between farage, piers Morgan, count binface, p3nt Cain, blair and me. And I'm reasonably certain we're each waiting for the other to go first.
I'm in the USA.  A bunch of yokels went first.  It ended well for everyone.
Molon Lube

Cain

Interesting, the "inside job" angle is now looking significantly stronger:

QuoteMeanwhile, police have also arrested five officials who were part of the president's security in connection to the assassination. One of those arrested includes Dimitri Hérard, the chief of the General Security Unit of the National Palace, which is responsible for guarding the President's residence.24 police officers who protected Moïse were also being questioned.

Colombian media said Hérard allegedly visited Colombia a few weeks before the assassination, and the Center for Economic and Policy Research reported he is being investigated by US law enforcement for links to arms trafficking. Between January and May 2021, Dimitri Hérard made 7 trips from and to Colombia, Dominican Republic and Ecuador. Hérard had allegedly used an Ecuadorian identification document to travel from and to Haiti. On 22 July 2021, the Ecuadorian President Guillermo Lasso confirmed Hérard had access to an Ecuadorian identity card, due to his scholarship in the Eloy Alfaro Higher School of Military.

Faust

What are your thoughts on the Afghanistan Disaster, I see people saying they could have expected the whole country to fall in about a year but not 30 days?
Sleepless nights at the chateau