News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

黑铁监狱- BIP in Chinese

Started by Storebrand, March 27, 2010, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storebrand

It would take a lot of effort to translate BIP into Chinese but I'm willing to put in the time if that's a direction the original authors want to take it.

Jasper

INTERESTING

Does anyone here have access to a Chinese audience to give it to?

the last yatto

ive been tempted to hand out the translated pope cards when i goto the uwajimaya market
cant remember the idea when i have access to a printer tho
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Storebrand

A large percentage of the population in Rockville, MD are Chinese and would be able to read it despite it being in a different dialect.  I was thinking more along the lines of putting it on a website not blocked by the Chinese government.  It I got enough positive feedback from this I was also going to translate the Principia Discordia.

the last yatto

"...not blocked by the Chinese"

yeah like cause we dont have server issues as it is...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Storebrand

the last yatto

i merely thinking it would be a bad idea to spread it among the free tibet crowd or any llamas for that matter

NotPublished

Think of all the angry Toaists

.. if thats possible?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Cosine 5

Er...

I speak Chinese somewhat fluently, it being my quasi-first language and all, and I have some friends in China. I could definitely get a translation a Chinese audience in China, but I won't be able to stop the government from banning and blocking it two days later if that's what They want. (They just blocked my blog, so... yea, I don't have a blog anymore.)

I could just email it to some friends there, and have them publish it in their high school newspapers and on some internet sites in China (like wenxuecity, which the Chinese still go on despite it being blocked, I think). It could work.

Let me know if I can be helpful.  :D
not quite there yet.

LMNO

Whoa.  Score!

I guess it would really be up to you.  Read through the BIP material, and make a decision as to what you think would translate and resonate best in a Chinese context.  Then, go to it!

Cramulus

Quote from: StoreBrand on March 27, 2010, 04:18:34 PM
It would take a lot of effort to translate BIP into Chinese but I'm willing to put in the time if that's a direction the original authors want to take it.

Go for it, dude!

Cosine 5

Storebrand, I'd love to help you with the translation project. I might be able to be of some use.

If you'd like my help, though... could I have a link to BIP? I've been looking for the link but I'm having trouble finding it... thanks.
not quite there yet.

Storebrand

I'll be deferring to Cosine 5.  Let me know how you want to go about it, share the work load.