News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Because jesus hates the po-po

Started by Da6s, March 29, 2010, 06:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/us/30militia.html

QuoteWASHINGTON — Nine members of a Michigan-based Christian militia group have been indicted on sedition and weapons charges in connection with an alleged plot to murder law enforcement officers in hopes of setting off an anti-government uprising.

In court filings unsealed Monday, the Justice Department accused the nine people of planning to kill an unidentified law enforcement officer, then plant improvised explosive devices of a type used by insurgents in Iraq to attack the funeral procession.

Eight of the defendants were arrested over the weekend in raids in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. A ninth remained at large, the Justice Department said. The indictments against them were returned last Tuesday. The defendants were identified as members of Hutaree, described by federal prosecutors as an anti-government extremist organization based in Lenawee County, Michigan, and which advocates violence against local, state and federal law enforcement. The group saw local and state police as "foot soldiers" for the federal government, which it viewed as its enemy, along with participants in what they deemed to be a "New World Order," according to the indictment.

I don't have words.

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

LMNO

Cramulus

I have words. The word is BZZZZZGHHHAHGAHAHAH

THIS DECADE KICKS EVEN MORE ASS THAN THE LAST ONE

Doktor Howl

I'm kind of disappointed in my country.  I mean, Iraqis can do this shit with their eyes closed, but our religious whackjobs can't make it happen.  I feel that the state of our nation is seriously in decline if our own Americans can't keep up with the 3rd world in something as basic as horrible terrorist killings of innocent funeral attendees.

The fact that this is pretty much guaranteed to bring the boom down is a different matter entirely, as is their foolishness in thinking this would get the average 500 pound American charging against the government on his Rascal scooter, at a terrifying 5 MPH, extra oxygen bottle mounted for long-duration combat.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I think they've been reading too much Thomas Payne. They're trying to recreate the Shot Heard Round the World. what I love about this is that it's a stance they can't possibly maintain. The more effort they put into destroying LOCAL cops, the more tragically misguided their movement is going to appear. And an emotionally evocative action like this is bound to get wrapped up in the teabaggers branding. Sarah Palin is putting all her chips in with these guys, she can't possibly run on that platform when her peers make Bill Ayers look like Martin Luther King Jr.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2010, 07:41:30 PM
I think they've been reading too much Thomas Payne.

Is that the Scottish cousin of Thomas Paine?    :wink:

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2010, 07:41:30 PM
They're trying to recreate the Shot Heard Round the World. what I love about this is that it's a stance they can't possibly maintain. The more effort they put into destroying LOCAL cops, the more tragically misguided their movement is going to appear. And an emotionally evocative action like this is bound to get wrapped up in the teabaggers branding. Sarah Palin is putting all her chips in with these guys, she can't possibly run on that platform when her peers make Bill Ayers look like Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm looking for a downside, here.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 29, 2010, 07:32:47 PM
I'm kind of disappointed in my country.  I mean, Iraqis can do this shit with their eyes closed, but our religious whackjobs can't make it happen.  I feel that the state of our nation is seriously in decline if our own Americans can't keep up with the 3rd world in something as basic as horrible terrorist killings of innocent funeral attendees.

The fact that this is pretty much guaranteed to bring the boom down is a different matter entirely, as is their foolishness in thinking this would get the average 500 pound American charging against the government on his Rascal scooter, at a terrifying 5 MPH, extra oxygen bottle mounted for long-duration combat.

A bunch of Harvard fratboys who see government as a limitless credit card have done more in bringing down America than any number of militias could hope to do.  At least the Chinese seem to have a good grasp on this stuff, if only at the theoretical level (Unrestricted Warfare has some good ideas on using financial warfare to cripple a nation).

Iason Ouabache

http://www.freep.com/article/20100331/NEWS06/100331050/1318/For-Hutaree-Web-rumor-stoked-anger-at-Obama

QuoteA member of the Hutaree militia charged with federal crimes was upset because she thought that President Barack Obama had signed into law this month a bill that would spend $20 billion to help the terrorist group Hamas settle in the U.S.

There was never any such legislation, but Tina Stone believed it was the truth, according to her Facebook account.

"H.B. 1388 Passed.... It's bad news for us all," Tina Kelley, her maiden name, said on her Facebook page on March 19.

She then said in an update:

"I'm peeved,,, when people in this country is getting kicked out of there homes everyday and our government passes a bill to spend more then 20 billion dollars to bring Hamas here and supplies them with food and homes that just wrong."

On March 26, the day before the federal raid of Hutaree, she wrote at 12:21 p.m., "I'm so stressed I could KILL someone!!!!!!!"

Stone, part of a Christian militia busted by federal agents this week, apparently got the false idea from fake e-mails and Internet chatter that claimed Obama and Congress had passed H.B. 1388 to help Hamas.

According to the site factcheck.org — which tries to debunk lies on the Internet — the false rumors were generated in part from one e-mail that stated:

"Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news...Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines."

I LAUGHED UNTIL I POOMPED!!!!!

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

These people are so stupid that even Anonymous is teasing them. :lol:

It is, however, a damn shame that our terrorists are so...domesticated?

Cain

dontblameyoko

their foolishness in thinking this would get the average 500 pound American charging against the government on his Rascal scooter, at a terrifying 5 MPH, extra oxygen bottle mounted for long-duration combat.

This image made me laugh.

Btw, there was some lady (friends w/ my mom) who was Facebook friends with me and she posted something about the "OH NOES they're bringing Hamas here!!" stuff and posted a link...that didn't even support what she was saying.  It was about helping Palestinian refugees.  So i commented about that, saying something like "uh...this says nothing about Hamas. Are we assuming all Palestinian refugees are Hamas?" And then she replied, "Just an opinion, we're all entitled to one!" and took me off her friends list.
Gee, that sounds like a matter of facts to me....not opinions.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Mangrove

Quote from: dontblameyoko on April 01, 2010, 10:33:09 PM
their foolishness in thinking this would get the average 500 pound American charging against the government on his Rascal scooter, at a terrifying 5 MPH, extra oxygen bottle mounted for long-duration combat.

This image made me laugh.

Btw, there was some lady (friends w/ my mom) who was Facebook friends with me and she posted something about the "OH NOES they're bringing Hamas here!!" stuff and posted a link...that didn't even support what she was saying.  It was about helping Palestinian refugees.  So i commented about that, saying something like "uh...this says nothing about Hamas. Are we assuming all Palestinian refugees are Hamas?" And then she replied, "Just an opinion, we're all entitled to one!" and took me off her friends list.
Gee, that sounds like a matter of facts to me....not opinions.

Had a similar experience over Xmas.

Hysterical Person: OMG!! BEST BUY ARE CELEBRATING EID AND DENYING XMAS!!!  SNOPES LINK!!

Me: Uh...no they're not. The statement from Best Buy said that they include Eid, Hannukah in their catalogs at Xmas time. And yes, it is on Snopes, and the article supports my argument entirely.

HP: Err... I didn't read it.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne

LMAO.  Knee-jerk reactionaryism can be FUN!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Teh Evil Internets Made these Good God Fearing Jesus (and Gun) lovers into criminals!!!!

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson