Have you been forgetting to take your pills?

Started by Cramulus, March 29, 2010, 09:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Have you been forgetting to take your pills?

heh heh, yeah. YEAH baby!
             \

Is that why my scrotum is pulsing?
           \

What?? I don't even have a prescription for bees
               \

You need GLOWCAPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bulo-Lw2B6o&feature=player_embedded#at=169

Lots of people have trouble remembering to take pills everyday, so I'm not really sure what I find so deeply unsettling about this invention. Is it the creepy red light which appears when you forget to take your meds? Is it that your medication will now call your cell phone all by itself? Is it that the glowcaps website prints "progress reports" for your family and caretakers? I'm not really sure, but I know this:

GLOWCAPS MAKE DRUG USE FUN AGAIN

Doktor Howl

The only pill I CAN forget to take is my Nexium (though I remember the next day when I start shooting horrible streams of acid out of my mouth).

My problem with the other pills is that sometimes I take 'em, then I forget I took 'em, and I take 'em again.  Then I go to work the next morning convinced that I am Tancred of Hauteville, and I burn the break room down looking for plunder.

What I am NOT going to do is buy pill bottles that tell me what to do and when to do it.  This is why I don't own a GPS in my car.  Machines don't tell me what to do.  They shouldn't tell ANYONE what to do, or even that THE WHITE ZONE IS FOR LOADING AND UNLOADING ONLY.  But people DO allow machines to tell them what to do, even as they drive their talking GPS-guided car to their Empowerment Group Session.  This pisses me off, and makes me feel like installing machine guns on my car.  Three of them.  And a mine layer, like in those James Bond films.  But no, there are "laws" that prevent me from doing this, so I am restricted to flipping off the autocop cameras on my way through.

If any of you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves.

Molon Lube

Cramulus

In the future, a little light will go on to remind you that you need to reload those machine guns.

let's hear from the ladies now...

Glowcaps saved my marriage
        \

/
he'll never get out of the basement now

So now my vagina is trying to call me? But I don't have a cell phone
           \

/
or a vagina?

Glow Caps! Glow Caps! Glow Caps!
           \

/
GLOW CAPS GLOWCAPS GLOWCAPSGLOWCAPSGLOWCAPSGLOWCAPS!

Cramulus

*seal noises*
                               /

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2010, 09:39:55 PM
In the future, a little light will go on to remind you that you need to reload those machine guns.

HAH!  The last 10 rounds are tracers.  I know how to machine gun.  I need no blinky thing to tell me my job.

Now if you'll excuse me, the break whistle just blew.
Molon Lube

Jasper

That's kind of clever.  Is it standard procedure in the military?

Sigmatic,
I am totally not asking so that I know when to shoot back.

LMNO

BadBeast

Certainly not, I even took my 9pm one, and my 10pm one early, just in case I get so fucked, that I forget to take them later.  :magick: 
:ronpaul:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 29, 2010, 10:51:07 PM
That's kind of clever.  Is it standard procedure in the military?

Yes.  The last 10 rounds in a belt, or the last 5 rounds in a magazine.  Lets you choose your moment to reload.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

What the fuck is wrong with the little day of the week pillboxes to let you know if you took your pills or not that day, we need blinking lights now?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 30, 2010, 08:39:35 PM
What the fuck is wrong with the little day of the week pillboxes to let you know if you took your pills or not that day, we need blinking lights now?

It's all science fictiony.  That automatically makes it better.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Maybe it's for people who cant read the little words on the boxes?  Though to my thinking if you get like that maybe you should have someone assisting you to take them...fucked up shit can happen with contraindications.

Cramulus

What is the matrix?
              \

There is no spoon.
                \

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
               \

LMNO

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."