News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

Atheist charged with blasphemy

Started by Remington, March 05, 2010, 09:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Well my deep beliefs are based on the ineffable and mystical legal reasons why not.

So your post grieves me painfully.

HOW DO I PRESSED CHARGE?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bruno

Religion 'A' says their god is the One True God.

Religion 'B' says their god is the One True God.

Both religions are mutually blasphemous. There can be only one possible solution...

CLASS ACTION CAGE MATCH!!!!
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

No can do. My infinitely superior religion is morally opposed to testing its fallibility against any sort of material standard. Even if the cage match was lost, this just means that the other party is blaspheming against the True Plan.

If that were to happen this would cause me unfathomable emotional distress.

So I would press charges on account of being oppressed.

Therefore my religion is the real correct one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2010, 08:40:00 PM
That being said, I give it less than 10 years before we have blasphemy laws here, again.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!   :crankey:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Reginald Ret

Wait, Enrico is still alive?
YAY!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Regret on March 06, 2010, 03:30:21 AM
Wait, Enrico is still alive?
YAY!
He was temporarily dead, for tax purposes.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

I wonder if hes going to write a book while in jail...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 05, 2010, 02:59:56 PM
You know... I am 100% FOR Freedom of expression... but why 'express challenging views' by showing religious figures in sexual positions? That seems far more like shock-jake material as opposed to debate of one's views of God. So BOO to the UK and their Failure to grok freedom of expression... but a good kick in the nads to the dumbass that thought naughty pictures of Jesus was somehow going to 'challenge' the views of others.

The only thing it will challenge in the end is his rectum if he goes to prison for 7 years.

EDIT: Now if he claimed to have done it because it was funny and his right to speak freely... I'd be more apt to back his play. But the "challenge the views of others" thing sounds like a false justification to me.

I'd say he successfully challenged their views, as instead of turning the other cheek they got him arrested.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

Right now, with the Catholic Chuch about as popular as a shit sandwich, and the CoE (who have Bishops sitting in the House of Lords) whining about persecution, not to mention assorted Muslim nutters with big mouths running all over the place, I can see this prosecution turning very ugly.

If I were him, I'd be doing a big PR campaign before going to court pointing out how he is essentially being punished for abusing the most morally corrupt institutions in this country, behind Parliament and the banks.  It'd make actually getting a conviction a lot more difficult.