News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Three meetings in one day...

Started by Doktor Howl, March 31, 2010, 11:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

...With Filthy Assistant and Mike the Engineer in attendance.  Amazingly enough, I didn't kill anyone.

Yes, you will now recognize Doktor Howl as an icon of peace and serenity.

Now sit on my lap and tell me you're sorry.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: Do they have any idea just how lucky they are?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 31, 2010, 11:16:05 PM
:lulz: Do they have any idea just how lucky they are?

No.  They are blissfully ignorant of their brush with horrible death.

Filthy Assistant was just remarking on how well the meetings went.  I choked on my slimfast.
Molon Lube

Jasper

I'm not sure I could do it, Dok.  I'm a fairly nonviolent guy, but I'm prone to letting verbal no-nos slip when I'm in a bad mood.  Once at six in the morning, a Starbucks barista tried to sell me some kind of stale sugar treat to go with my coffee, and I actually said "I will kill a motherfucker" before I could self-monitor.  He seemed upset.  :(ftp://

Jasper

Anyway, not sure why I shared that, but condolences about the insufferable mongrels.

Doktor Howl

Oh, it gets better.  Apparently, last night some operations guy decided that the best way to route a rubber acid line was to drap it across a live steam pipe (14 feet off the ground, thus uninsulated).  The rubber melted, and the hydrochloric ate the pipe, and now I have a 10' geyser of steam.  Have to blow the boiler down, which requires shutting THE WHOLE PLANT DOWN, and spend a day fixing the pipe.

Bear in mind that Mike the Engineer has been following me around ever since, honking about plant welding stardards that I ALREADY KNOW.

:crankey:

Yet I still haven't killed him.  I may very well be the next Gandhi.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

you make it sound so glamorous!

the most exciting thing that ever happens around here is a printer breaks down and people start throwing temper tantrums and beating on it with their fists. (this is the point at which I jump up and say "I'll fix the printer!" and then join them in hitting and kicking it) I could really use a dangerous geyser of steam and an acid bath right now.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on April 01, 2010, 06:15:41 PM
you make it sound so glamorous!

the most exciting thing that ever happens around here is a printer breaks down and people start throwing temper tantrums and beating on it with their fists. (this is the point at which I jump up and say "I'll fix the printer!" and then join them in hitting and kicking it) I could really use a dangerous geyser of steam and an acid bath right now.

It's never boring here.  That is the one good thing about this job.  I mean, other than being stunned with a bag of filthy lucre every two weeks, at about the time I ritualistically start to think about quiting.

Also, I am in a unique position due to the fact that, because of minor brain damage and buckets of pills, I have turned "being a dick" into a "disability", which means that due to the Americans With Disabilities Act, I am basically unfireable.  This gives me latitude in dealing with asinine co-workers that I am coming to appreciate.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Ride that pony, Dok. MEK IT YUOR BITCH.  :D

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

In 50 minutes, I have ANOTHER 3 HOUR MEETING.

Filthy Assistant and Mike the Engineer will be present.

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 01, 2010, 07:38:23 PM
In 50 minutes, I have ANOTHER 3 HOUR MEETING.

Filthy Assistant and Mike the Engineer will be present.

Oh dear...

LMNO

Please tell me you had cabbage and broccoli for lunch.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2010, 07:41:14 PM
Please tell me you had cabbage and broccoli for lunch.

Broccoli and cauliflower, actually.   :lulz:
Molon Lube