Started by Dimocritus, April 01, 2010, 03:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Sooo, I'm sure you've heard about the "historic flooding" in RI. Well, I've been at the "event horizon" for the past two days with no electricity or heat and a wading pool in my basement (which happens to be where I keep all my stuff... well, not anymore...). Anyhow, once everything that could be saved was saved, I went out to take a look around town and I have collected some pics for you guys.

These pics are about two blocks from my house.

Vampire Truck requires MOAR BLOOD!

A River Runs Through it. (Or: The Warwick Mall Bites it Hard)

HIMEOBS

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

DIMO!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!

glad you're safe, man. We were worried you had taken a rather large drink of water.

A highway traffic cam sighted you eating waffles on the highway the other day:

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on April 01, 2010, 03:08:59 PM
DIMO!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!

glad you're safe, man. We were worried you had taken a rather large drink of water.

A highway traffic cam sighted you eating waffles on the highway the other day:

:lulz: Little known fact: I purposely caused this flood because I didn't want to get out of the swimming pool to get moar waffles.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I still need my offerings and my housekeys.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on April 01, 2010, 03:16:18 PM
I still need my offerings and my housekeys.

Cute.

FYI, I've been cursing you since Tuesday.

LMNO

That is fucking crazy.

So, is RI below sea level or something?

Richter

It's very poorly drained too, in places that aren't.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2010, 03:22:43 PM
That is fucking crazy.

Well... I suppose it is now.

I was really lucky, in the sense that I was literally right on the edge of the danger zone. I've been displaced from my living area (ie: the basement) but most of my valuable collectibles (inb4 lol nerd) have been saved and me and the fam are all safe. It's wild, though, to go down the street and see a lake where there used to be an intersection.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2010, 03:22:43 PM
That is fucking crazy.

It's like a mini-NOLA. All the mountains and hills from MA drain down through RI to Narragansett Bay. Providence has a hurricane barrier which I am convinced saved Downtown (which is all landfill, surrounded by hills, and been 20ft under during hurricanes before) since the Blackstone drains into the Mosshasuck and Seekonk.

Newport, Jamestown, and Narragansett are all cliffs. They're fine. It's just that the flood plain of the Pawtuxet, aka Warwick and West Warwick, filled up.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Oh, and the Pawcatuck went too. So Westerly is under. Hopkinton is under... :cry: We were JUST THERE the other night!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

"It would be a very good idea to build a city at the lowest geographical point possible."
                   \

/
"Oh, and fuck you, Massachusetts."

Eater of Clowns

Needs more looters.  Dimo, go loot that Macy's.  Is there a Dick's in that mall?  Get a raft.

Also I hope shit's not, y'know, too fucked up for you down there.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2010, 03:54:14 PM
"It would be a very good idea to build a city at the lowest geographical point possible."
                   \

/
"Oh, and fuck you, Massachusetts."

Roger William's Providence is the Eastside on North Main St, not the Basin, that was all settled when they wanted to put in big buildings. All the original Swamp Yankees founded Warwick, they also fired the first shot of the Revolutionary War, so take Bunker Hill and shove it up yer arse.

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2010, 04:13:17 PM
That was Breed's hill, spag.

LRN2HSTRY.

I know this. But it's called the Battle of Bunker Hill and the fucking monument is on Bunker Hill. I marched in the Bunker Hill Parade. YOU HAVE BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, and the battle was fought the next hill over.

YOU PURITAN LOSERS CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR HILLS RIGHT!!!!

You also had to be total pussies and dress like indians to throw tea off a boat. Rhode Islanders just walked on the fucking thing, called for the captain and shot him. Then burned the boat to ashes. Then they went and got drunk. This is the correct revolutionary motorcycle.