News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Project “Silver Screen” – ‘How To Change The World’

Started by Cramulus, April 05, 2010, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2010, 10:15:29 PM
Quote from: Chryselephantine Shavenwolf on April 12, 2010, 10:12:32 PM
So um, anyway.

I think Dark City would be good on the list, too.

Yeah, whatever.  You can't watch it til 2 weeks after you rent it.   :lulz:

You seriously want to get involved with a control freak like Number 6?  Anything on the project that he doesn't like will lead to at least an attempt by him to undo your work.

Take it easy, Dok. I'm just suggesting an addition to the list, it's not like we're getting married or anything.

Besides, whatever your opinions of Number_6, you have to admit that this is a great idea.

Quote from: Number_6 on April 12, 2010, 10:24:12 PM
So um, anyway.

Sounds epic. I've got a movie for tonight.
[/quote]

Nice. This is one of my favorite movies. The cheese factor can overwhelm at times, but it's got sort of a cyberpunk feel.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chryselephantine Shavenwolf on April 12, 2010, 10:39:01 PM
So um, anyway.

Yeah, whatever.  You can't watch it til 2 weeks after you rent it.   :lulz:

You seriously want to get involved with a control freak like Number 6?  Anything on the project that he doesn't like will lead to at least an attempt by him to undo your work.

Take it easy, Dok. I'm just suggesting an addition to the list, it's not like we're getting married or anything.

Besides, whatever your opinions of Number_6, you have to admit that this is a great idea.

Fuck that.  That's like saying "Tag may be a pedo, but he had a great idea."

If it's from Number 6, it is tainted by association.
Molon Lube

Placid Dingo

Apologies for posting on topic but

Yes, the Eddie Veder soundtrack is COMPLETELY mindblowingly beautiful. I listened to it on a plane to and from the UK.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Quote from: Number_6 on April 12, 2010, 10:08:05 PM

Using the site how you wish is not a permit to post meaningless slander.

It most certainly is...

If I wish to post meaningless ad hominem slander against you, than that is how I wish to use the site.  Which you have given me explicit permission to do.

Learn the fucking English language, you stupid Irish fuck.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Hehe, the Eddie Vedder soundtrack is always the one I listen to pulling in and out of whatever station I meet/leave Payne from.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2010, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: Chryselephantine Shavenwolf on April 12, 2010, 10:39:01 PM
So um, anyway.

Yeah, whatever.  You can't watch it til 2 weeks after you rent it.   :lulz:

You seriously want to get involved with a control freak like Number 6?  Anything on the project that he doesn't like will lead to at least an attempt by him to undo your work.

Fuck that.  That's like saying "Tag may be a pedo, but he had a great idea."

If it's from Number 6, it is tainted by association.
Ideas should be judged on their own merits.
Since we are monkey's and being reasonable is hard i propose that someone   makes a new/splits this   thread so we have a thread with a full list of good mindfuck movies.
That way we can let this turd sink to the bottom of the pool without losing what little value it had.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Regret on April 13, 2010, 08:02:33 PM

So, Eichmann's research shouldn't have been destroyed?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Number_6 on April 12, 2010, 07:05:33 PM
lol Lovely. No sense of humour left here at all, is there?

I was merely excluding you, not on your attitude, but that I simply can't trust you with a Demonoid invitation. Think about it; you've been nothing but a dick. Good knows what genuine hostility you harbour for me.
Sure, it's easy to act like a dick online. But I think this goes deeper.

And yeah, if it was a snub to you, then go for it. I'd just like to know exactly how you intend on thwarting my activities across miles of ocean and land. As long as myself and my friends are doing this, I don't give a fuck. I was only calling out for the willing, and the willing will take part unless you have them somehow under your thumb.

HAHHAHAHAHA he can't "trust you with a demonoid invitation"

whut

like people here haven't had them for... pretty much ever? 2005 at least.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Number_6 on April 12, 2010, 08:20:20 PM
How old are you anyway?

I was just wondering that about you, as you seem so ill-equipped to defend your ideas. I am figuring about 16, based on the sophistication level of your posts, so I figure I'll go easy on you. Poor little honey.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 12, 2010, 08:46:28 PM
Quote from: Over on #6's forum, in the welcome threadWe hope that here we can herald in a new Era of Discord. Here we can build a solid foundation of personal freedom and growth. This place is not only for people belonging to this specific Society – If you're a Discordian, a Taoist, or any other kind of weirdo you're welcome here!

Feel free to use the wbesite as you see fit to use it. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

OMG WHAT WAS HE THINKING HE'S A COMMIE!

Naw, man, like any other Free Thinker he only allows ideas that agree with him.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 14, 2010, 07:53:30 AM

I was merely excluding you, not on your attitude, but that I simply can't trust you with a Demonoid invitation. Think about it; you've been nothing but a dick. Good knows what genuine hostility you harbour for me.

And yeah, if it was a snub to you, then go for it. I'd just like to know exactly how you intend on thwarting my activities across miles of ocean and land. As long as myself and my friends are doing this, I don't give a fuck. I was only calling out for the willing, and the willing will take part unless you have them somehow under your thumb.

whut

I'm not sure but isn't it the case that whoever invites someone to Demonoid also vouches for them in some way or other?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

I looked up Eichman but couldn't find research... did you mean Mengel, Dok?

Wiki:
QuoteContemporary knowledge concerning the manner in which the human body reacts to freezing is based almost exclusively on these Nazi experiments. This, together with the recent use of data from Nazi research into the effects of phosgene gas, has proven controversial and presents an ethical dilemma for modern physicians who do not agree with the methods used to obtain this data.[17] Similarly, controversy has arisen from the use of results of biological warfare testing done by the Imperial Japanese Army's Unit 731.[27] However, the results from Unit 731 were kept classified by the United States and the majority of doctors involved were given pardons

I'd certainly rather we used this information for what good it can do rather than pretend it doesn't exist.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2010, 05:17:59 AM
Quote from: Regret on April 13, 2010, 08:02:33 PM

So, Eichmann's research shouldn't have been destroyed?

The knowledge that is created by research is like an object(in some ways), it can't be unethical. The production can be unethical, and how it is used can be unethical. But the knowledge itself is more neutral than Switzerland.

Knowledge should only be destroyed if it is certain that it will be used to commit atrocities.
Again, just like objects.
You search and destroy landmines to keep civilians from dying from them.

It is often a bad idea to destroy knowledge because other people will just recreate it and now they have the advantage since you just destroyed what you needed to develop a defense against it.

Would you propose all knowledge regarding gunpowder should be destroyed?
What will you use to fight your enemies when they rediscover gunpowder?

It is quite hard to develop a geigercounter if you destroyed all knowledge regarding nuclear fission.

I say destroy the researcher and strip his name from the data he created(so noone will be motivated(by fame) to do such things again)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 14, 2010, 11:20:26 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 14, 2010, 07:53:30 AM

whut

I'm not sure but isn't it the case that whoever invites someone to Demonoid also vouches for them in some way or other?

I think so... I was just amused by the guy acting like an invite is some sort of super rare cool specialness that's really hard to get.

The Wizard

QuoteI am figuring about 16, based on the sophistication level of your posts, so I figure I'll go easy on you.

Speaking as a sixteen year old, if he's dumb enough to still be here, don't go easy on him. A prick is a prick, no matter what age they are.
Insanity we trust.