News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

gnimbley loses his mind

Started by gnimbley, July 21, 2004, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: CannedLizardI enjoyed that play very much, keep it up.

A few problems, is the fury doing the questioning at the beginning Atecto or Alecto, because it's different in the Dramatis Personae. Also, the file name is "Trail", instead of "Trial".
cool what are the problems?
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

gnimbley

A few problems, is the fury doing the questioning at the beginning Atecto or Alecto, because it's different in the Dramatis Personae. Also, the file name is "Trail", instead of "Trial".

Picky pikcy pkicy

Rupert Giles

Call them the Kindly Ones, silly, lest you bring them down upon our heads!

gnimbley

I have posted an update to the play. Only the opening of the next act is new, although there have been some modifications to some of the other speeches. I hope to have the rest of Scene 4 up by the weekend.  Research is a bitch.

The Trial of George W. Bush, An Erisian Mystery, by gnimbley the gnome

namu

Nice, really nice :) Can't wait for the rest.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

DJRubberducky

The Furies' speech is excellent.  That could almost stand by itself as a super-short. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

CannedLizard

Quote from: DJRubberduckyThe Furies' speech is excellent.  That could almost stand by itself as a super-short. :D

I second. Kind of a trialogue.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

gnimbley

The latest update is posted on the web. Act I, Scene 4 is finished. Now I have to go and read a bunch of stuff about Roman soldiers and find a good Celtic magic chant. MORE TO COME!  Woo-hoo!

CannedLizard

Huh, good stuff as usual. I like how both sides get an opinion (for example, was the gunner justified in what he did? Is obsessing over individual civilian losses good or bad?). Good stuff. Maybe if Bush is rellected, I should see about performing this at my school :P
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

gnimbley

The latest update is on the web. Act I is finished. Woo-hoo!

Now on to Act Two. Act Two will most likely consist of one long scene, so it will be a while before it gets posted. It also will be very different from Act One. As George would say, Heh heh heh.

Slarti

looks cool dude, i'll read it when i get some more time.

The Governator

Quote from: gnimbleyAs George would say, Heh heh heh.

Huh huh huh.

*Flexes muscles and makes pecs dance*
I...AM...DAS GROPENFUHRER!

Rupert Giles

Quote from: gnimbleyThe latest update is on the web. Act I is finished. Woo-hoo!

Now on to Act Two. Act Two will most likely consist of one long scene, so it will be a while before it gets posted. It also will be very different from Act One. As George would say, Heh heh heh.

I'm gonna try to talk some people into preforming this.  If we do, we will send you a tape.

DJRubberducky

- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

gnimbley

Act Two is finished (one whole weekend of non-stop writing!) and the update is on the internet. Some minor stuff in earlier scenes has been revised, the most extensive stuff is the Furies (hiss) speech at the end of Scene 5.

Act Two is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Act One. The play has taken a sharp turn and is off into uncharted territory.

Basically, when I was finishing Act One I decided that if I wrote two more acts like the first one - lots of monologs interspersed with comic dialogs between Louis and Bush - that it would get really, really tiresome. And then this idea hit me about doing something different with act two, and I started it, and the characters ran off with the play. And now the thing IS A FUCKING GHOST STORY! I kid you not! (Seeing that almost everything I have written to date is fantasy, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.)

Anyway, I am really, really interested in what people think about Act Two. Does this work? (Not that I am going to scrap it. I have come up with a good ending and other than rewrites, I am not going to change much. Of course, I have NO idea what Act Three looks like yet, other than it's back to the trial. I think I need more wine.)