News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

"Care Package" for the troops.

Started by Suu, April 06, 2010, 04:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm sending a garb order overseas to a soldier in the Army who is currently in the Sandbox. I asked him what else he and his fellow troops could need so I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone would like to contribute. I figure books, artwork, etc. in addition to more important things like toilet paper and parachute cord. Something interesting, but not controversial. They're in enough shit over there doing their job and we don't need them getting in trouble with any higher ups for things like stickers or posters.

I know none of us like the war, but as long as we got soldiers over there, we need to take care of them. I believe that this will be going to a transportation company as well, which means that they deal with ambushes, carbombs, etc. So they could use all the smiles they can get.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

So...tickets home and the name of a good defense attorney probably not the best things to send, then?

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Suu

Well, the next stop for these guys is Germany where they have to stay until their next deployment. Yeah, they aren't coming home anytime soon.  :| 

But you know...you take that oath...I almost had to go to Afghanistan but I got out in the nick of time since my last PT test proved my knees were done.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Suu

Cain

I would also suggest not sending them things which might lead them to believe they are in some sort of Holy War.

Dimocritus

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Cain on April 06, 2010, 06:28:50 PM
I would also suggest not sending them things which might lead them to believe they are in some sort of Holy War.

Exactly. The guy I made this garb for is fucking sick of being over there. That shit will just make them roll their eyes and they'll probably waste ammunition on them.

Quote from: Richter on April 06, 2010, 06:31:24 PM
When is this getting sent out?

Within the week.

Dimocritus

You guys know I was kidding about the bibles, right?

Suu

Quote from: dimo on April 06, 2010, 06:33:19 PM

I know, but maybe a PD wouldn't be so bad. I did email him asking what they really DO need though.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Suu on April 06, 2010, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: dimo on April 06, 2010, 06:33:19 PM

I know, but maybe a PD wouldn't be so bad. I did email him asking what they really DO need though.

It could give 'em a good chuckle, and that could be worth a lot in that type of situation.