News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

IT'S BASEBALL SEASON AGAIN.

Started by Suu, April 07, 2010, 04:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Agreed.

LMNO
-resigned from Red Sox Nation.  Too many spags.

(Still going to a game in June, though).

East Coast Hustle

Pitching, defense, and OBP. Especially in Safeco, where home runs go to die. Mariners are gonna win alot of 3-2 games this year, and having Ichiro and Figgins at the top of the order to get on base and run doesn't hurt our cause at all. I'm more afraid of what happens when we have to play a 7 game series and 4 of them are in either Fenway or Yankee, where teams built around power and OPS have a big advantage.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 07, 2010, 08:36:12 PM
Agreed.

LMNO

How much is that soaking you for?

My mom made my dad only get half a season this year for the Rays, despite that my sister was gonna go halves on it. He's pissed. She wasn't home for half the season last year, but apparently she got sick of baseball way too fast when she was. Which is odd, because once upon a time we had season tickets to the Lightning for hockey and even the Mets way back when in the ol' Long Island days.

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 07, 2010, 08:38:08 PM
Pitching, defense, and OBP. Especially in Safeco, where home runs go to die. Mariners are gonna win alot of 3-2 games this year, and having Ichiro and Figgins at the top of the order to get on base and run doesn't hurt our cause at all. I'm more afraid of what happens when we have to play a 7 game series and 4 of them are in either Fenway or Yankee, where teams built around power and OPS have a big advantage.

Fenway is a hard outfield to play.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Got tix through Mrs LMNO's friend at work.  About $100 or so.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu on April 07, 2010, 08:39:33 PM
Agreed.

LMNO

How much is that soaking you for?

My mom made my dad only get half a season this year for the Rays, despite that my sister was gonna go halves on it. He's pissed. She wasn't home for half the season last year, but apparently she got sick of baseball way too fast when she was. Which is odd, because once upon a time we had season tickets to the Lightning for hockey and even the Mets way back when in the ol' Long Island days.

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 07, 2010, 08:38:08 PM

Fenway is a hard outfield to play.

Agreed, though having the 2 best defensive outfielders in baseball makes that less of a concern. But our top two starters are both power pitchers who will give up home runs in smaller parks like Fenway, and even Franklin Guttierez can't catch a 480-foot bomb. I expect there to be a statistically significant difference between the Mariners' home and away record this season.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Khara on April 07, 2010, 03:13:32 PM
Also.....

GO CARDINALS!!!  :lulz:
Freese = NL Rookie of the Year. I'm calling it early.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Suu

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 07, 2010, 08:45:19 PM

Agreed, though having the 2 best defensive outfielders in baseball makes that less of a concern. But our top two starters are both power pitchers who will give up home runs in smaller parks like Fenway, and even Franklin Guttierez can't catch a 480-foot bomb. I expect there to be a statistically significant difference between the Mariners' home and away record this season.

<3 Ichiro.

<3 <3 <3 <3!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 07, 2010, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: Khara on April 07, 2010, 03:13:32 PM
Also.....

GO CARDINALS!!!  :lulz:
Freese = NL Rookie of the Year. I'm calling it early.

As much as it kills me to do so, I have to agree with you Jason!!   :argh!:

That One Guy

Agreed.

LMNO

This, dammit! Time to wander back to my New York roots ... that's right, it's back to the Mets for me! The Yankees can always suck it, and since the Sox are now also the Yankees (albeit with different unis, but the same "we've got more $$$ than any other team so we'll take your best players kthx!" philosophy) I just can't take it. I love hopeless underdogs, and the Mets certainly deliver!

Plus, they're ALREADY suffering weird, abnormal injuries (thyroid issues? yeah ...) and that was before opening day. Gonna be a fun year!

:mrgreen: :cry: :argh!: :lulz:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Suu

Wow. Baltimore wasted NO time this year. Fuck. That wasn't even a swan dive to the bottom, they didn't even get off the ground.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on April 15, 2010, 10:14:53 PM
Wow. Baltimore wasted NO time this year. Fuck. That wasn't even a swan dive to the bottom, they didn't even get off the ground.
The Astros did the exact same thing. Like usual, the Cubs will pretend like they don't suck until September then collapse spectacularly. You can set your calendar by it.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

It appears that another baseball tradition is that David Ortiz will suck like a tranny hooker at Jacques' for the first third of the season.

Yup.  Clockwork.

Suu

Ohai, look who's 2.5 up on the Sox coming into Boston tonight.  8)

LMNO

Don't really care.

LMNO

Suu

That is not going to stop me from being a total cunt to anyone who does and has and may ever associate themselves with the Boston Red Sox.