News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Bragging: Frost Heaves on the Radio

Started by LMNO, April 07, 2010, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: LMNO on April 10, 2010, 03:04:11 AM
All the instruments (plus the vocal mic) were all in the same closet-like room-- I'm amazed you could hear anything but a noisy mess.

The guitars kinda blended into each other, it's true. But everything else was clear enough to distinguish.

And it was definitly clear enough to hear you guys were enjoying rocking out in there.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on April 10, 2010, 03:04:11 AM
All the instruments (plus the vocal mic) were all in the same closet-like room-- I'm amazed you could hear anything but a noisy mess.

I wondered about this too. Taking that into account, the sound quality was relatively brilliant as well :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

So, for those of you who missed it: go to http://zbconline.com/, find Friday, April 9, look for "Mass Ave And Beyond", and click "Listen" next to the 5:00 hour. That will download you an MP3. We go on at 50:30.

bds

Just out of interest, are you guys releasing a record any time soon? You were in the studio fairly recently, right?

LMNO

We recorded 2 tracks, they're 90% done. When we can afford more time, we'll do more.

Eve

Quote from: LMNO on April 08, 2010, 01:59:16 PM
So, I forgot to mention: We're also playing the Cantab in Cambridge the night after.  Going on about Midnight.  I cannot vouch for the talent of the bands we're playing with, but I hear they're "really gay," which could be completely awesome, or really bad.

Midnight? Some of us have to work early on Sunday mornings, you know.  :argh!:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Cain

Whats this m3u shit?  Do I need iTunes or something?  Cuz I wont be having with iTunes.

bds

M3u's should open in Winamp, Windows Media Player, Foobar, most audio players oughta do it.

Cain

WMP tried to open it as a video file, in the browser. 

OK, I'll play around a bit, thanks

Triple Zero

if all else fails, m3u is basically nothing more than a playlist of URL(s) in a textfile, which means that you can also download it, and open it in Notepad, then use the direct link URL you find there.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Eve on April 10, 2010, 05:50:30 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 08, 2010, 01:59:16 PM
So, I forgot to mention: We're also playing the Cantab in Cambridge the night after.  Going on about Midnight.  I cannot vouch for the talent of the bands we're playing with, but I hear they're "really gay," which could be completely awesome, or really bad.

Midnight? Some of us have to work early on Sunday mornings, you know.  :argh!:

Oh, goddamn it. Aren't you kids supposed to be impervious to sleep deprevation?

Hell, in MY day, I functioned with only five hours of sleep a week, and the bed was UPHILL BOTH WAYS!

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on April 07, 2010, 04:35:04 PM
We will be on WZBC's "Mass Ave and Beyond" this Friday, 5-7 pm.

Can be streamed at www.wzbc.org.

Go me.

[edit for url fuckup]

Cool beans! That's good news! The Paraplegics were on BRU over here for a while... 'till they realized what we were saying...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"