News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Man shoots alleged child molester

Started by Dysnomia, April 08, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on April 19, 2010, 01:52:49 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 18, 2010, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 09, 2010, 02:53:36 PM
Wait, what's it called when the kid is old enough to give consent? That's "just" coersion and rape, not child molestation, right?

Also, can we really call this guy a pedophile if he was interested in a 28-year-old guy?

Yeah, I guess if he was only a part-time pedo & stuck with regular rape the rest of the time, he was probably alright.

Also, having sex with adults makes sex with kids not pedophilia anymore.

Of course, it's completely obvious that I wasn't attempting to exonerate the guy; and I suppose it goes without saying that I was trying to point out how much weirder this case is than your standard pedophile, once you start thinking about how long this went on for.

I mean, you're all smart enough to see that, right?

Oh.  

:|

Fuck you, LMNO. Are you TRYING to be a fucking idiot asshole? And questioning MY intelligence because YOU asked a fucking retard question?

Molestation that goes on for years is pretty par for the course. Not that I expected you to research that. But the "is the guy really a pedo considering that he kept fucking the kid until he was an adult?" question really disappoints me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: LMNO on April 20, 2010, 02:30:12 PM
A bit testy this week, aren't we?

She's already announced that she's rearin' for a fight...
:evil:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Its a power dynamic between abused and abuser that can lead to this sort of thing continuing into adulthood. One of my ex's was a victim of a guy when he was younger and it was so confusing to him cos he liked the attention and even thought he was gay after the abuse had stopped. Basically the abuse warped the way he saw himself and his sexuality beyond the actual abuse and I would not be surprised if it continued via blackmail and other abused/abuser dynamics.

BabylonHoruv

Wait, what's it called when the kid is old enough to give consent? That's "just" coersion and rape, not child molestation, right?

Also, can we really call this guy a pedophile if he was interested in a 28-year-old guy?

Yeah, I guess if he was only a part-time pedo & stuck with regular rape the rest of the time, he was probably alright.

Of course, it's completely obvious that I wasn't attempting to exonerate the guy; and I suppose it goes without saying that I was trying to point out how much weirder this case is than your standard pedophile, once you start thinking about how long this went on for.

Oh.  

Every time I have looked up information on child molesters I have found that the majority are not pedophiles, as in they are perfectly capable of being aroused by adults.  Children are easier victims than adults for someone predatory.  The other weird statistic is that the majority of sexual abuse of male children is perpetrated by heterosexual men.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 20, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Oh.  

Every time I have looked up information on child molesters I have found that the majority are not pedophiles, as in they are perfectly capable of being aroused by adults.  Children are easier victims than adults for someone predatory.  The other weird statistic is that the majority of sexual abuse of male children is perpetrated by heterosexual men.

1.  They're still pedos.  They can be other things, too.

2.  Why would that be weird?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A pedophile is someone who has a sexual preference for children, not someone who is unable to become aroused by anything but children.

There are also just garden-variety sexual predators who are not necessarily pedophiles, but who don't draw the line at raping kids, and as you said, kids are easier victims.

I would say that someone who has molested at least a dozen young boys is showing a sexual preference for children, even if the abuse continued into adulthood.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

also bear in mind that the psyche dictionary definition and the legal definition for pedophilia isn't the same...

BadBeast

A true Paedophile is only aroused by pre-pubescent children, regardless of their sex. Then you have your general predators, who prey on teenage girls, usually because they present easy targets. Neither category respond well to rehabilitation, it usually is only a matter of time until they re-offend.
The best course of action, is to take them to one side, explain the situation, that their heinous sexual behaviour is entirely unacceptable, (A fact that most of them will agree with) and then, with compassion, and diligence, and without the media circus that usually surrounds such cases, quickly and painlessly, put them to sleep. Not "Because they deserve to die" or as "Justice" to their victims, or any other Legalist platitudes, but simply because it needs to be done.

It needs to be done, in this way, because it is also unacceptable for someone else, with a moral agenda to 'visit justice' upon them, vigilante style. As someone already said in this thread, 1+1 does not make 0.
Cold blooded Vengeance  (according to people who have carried it out)  does not provide any kind of closure. And most Judiciary systems are concerned with punishment. Punishment is only morally validated, if the person being punished is able to learn the lesson of their transgression, and modify their subsequent behaviour accordingly. And sadly, this course of action does not work on Wrongcocks. Many of these people were carrying on a behaviour pattern that started when they were themselves abused, perhaps for years, and while this is no excuse for their own activities, it does indicate how deeply this pattern is ingrained, and the way abuse is transferred through the generations.

This is why it is necessary to put these abusers down, like a sick animal. Because really, that's what they are. If as a society, we choose to keep dangerously vicious dogs among us, we have nowhere to stand, morally, when those dogs
regularly maul children to death. Neither does it make any sense to blame he dogs.   

And although it's not an easy place to put yourself, imagine if you were a paedophile, already suffering from abuse received as a child, unable to sublimate this damage to your psyche, you find yourself perpetrating the same crimes upon other innocent children. I know that I would not want to live a life like that.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

I can see the point you're trying to make, but to me that's sort of a Moral Event Horizon I just can't bring myself to cross.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Yeah.  It's really a dangerous place.  I knew exactly the term I wanted to link there, but even then I spent 20 minutes poking around.

Suu

Especially since I just pulled a Moral Event Horizon in one of my chat RP games. Lawl.

-Suu
Plays bad guys. REALLY bad guys.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO