News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Man shoots alleged child molester

Started by Dysnomia, April 08, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Khara, how does murdering the guy who molested your child do justice for your child?

So you get locked up for a long time and your kids grow up without the support of their mom.

I wouldn't kill a person who molested my child.

I'm willing to serve some time for a savage assault but a murder conviction is far too long to be away from my family.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Shibboleet The Annihilator

If you murder a pedophile, it's still murder.

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2010, 07:02:30 PM
Except for the part where the "murderer" says that he, personally, was molested by this guy.

^this^

At the risk of being a disgustingly obnoxious and pedantic noob, the right hypothetical in this case isn't what we'd do if someone did that to our kid.  The "would you do it/how fucked up is this" becomes
"If you knew...
- people had tried reporting the guy in the past
- what the guy was capable of from 17 years of first hand experience
- he was fucking his stepson
and he was
- stalker-wooing you
- hassling you to spend time alone with your kid..."

I know everyone's already read the article, but I'm a huge fan of context.  For the record, I'm in the face-cutter hand-smashing camp. 3-5 for fucking kids is psychotic.

But I call shenanigans on the community that's suddenly rallying behind Vargas.  The 'idyllic town' claims shock-horror and release the murderer...  That much community support (and I'm from a small town) indicates to me that people knew what was going on, and showing support for Vargas now might just be a desperate grab at claiming innocence.  The story's so full of allegeds, just thought I'd add another to the pile.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on April 08, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
Khara, how does murdering the guy who molested your child do justice for your child?

So you get locked up for a long time and your kids grow up without the support of their mom.

I wouldn't kill a person who molested my child.

I'm willing to serve some time for a savage assault but a murder conviction is far too long to be away from my family.

OK...

Let's not just presume I am going to get caught.

It's not like I'm going to come on here and say oh I just killed this fucking pedo.....

I'm not looking for justice, revenge works just fine for me!

Freeky

I wouldn't kill someone who hurt any of my kids, but I think it ought to be a capital offense.

And they'd have nothing but SCRAPS left for face when I got through with them.

I probably would have murdered the guy too, but I'd still be a murderer. That said, I hope the guy gets off.

If someone went after my kids they wouldn't make it to court.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 08, 2010, 07:25:39 PM

Yes, and if you murder a pedophile that raped you as a child... I say bully for you.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysnomia

GODDAMN!  This thread exploded while I was out on my bike ride.  

I can see both sides.  On one hand I have no problem crossing my fingers that assholebrother's plane goes down in flames one of these days.  But on the other hand.  I'd never murder him.  Murder is murder.  I think though, if it were my kid-especially due to my history-I'd be in camp with Khara.  They'd have to make sure I NEVER met them in person.

I think with this guy though, regardless of whether they decide to give him a prison sentence or not, he should at LEAST be required to attend counseling and kept for a while in some sort of mental hospital so he can receive treatment, because obviously he needs it.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2010, 07:37:00 PM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 08, 2010, 07:25:39 PM

Yes, and if you murder a pedophile that raped you as a child... I say bully for you.

Capital! I'm going to get my elephant gun! Let's go on a pedophile safari!
                             \

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on April 08, 2010, 07:37:13 PM

I think with this guy though, regardless of whether they decide to give him a prison sentence or not, he should at LEAST be required to attend counseling and kept for a while in some sort of mental hospital so he can receive treatment, because obviously he needs it.

Agreed SPS!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

Jasper

ECH beat me to it.  The greatest mistake here was "being a pedo", followed closely by "getting caught offing a pedo".

Few here are really certain they wouldn't have done the same, so I think the interesting question is "what makes being molested (a psychological wound) justify death (the ultimate wound)?"

I think it is reasonable to say that people generally consider psychological attacks more serious than death.  And to an extent I can concur.  If someone had a device that could cause schizophrenia, and intended to use it, I would have no compunction with killing him in the most expedient manner.  This is not that different from someone who is willing to rape others, which also causes serious psychological damage, to my thinking.

Dysnomia

Well who's to say that some victims of sexual abuse (or other forms) aren't emotionally dead?  Or those who end up committing suicide?  Does that count as murder?  Why/why not?
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jasper

In some ways it is more serious than murder, because the suffering is indefinite.  Murder only hurts for a little while.

Telarus

One can also argue that from a group consciousness level, a community can only consciously put up with a stressor like a (very likely, if not known) pedophile in their midst for so long before someone releases that pressure.

It's up to community standards and the local cultural narrative to determine whether that manifests as a hanging mob, the police being called, or a lone person snapping and shanking the threat to the community.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!