News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Attn:RHWN - Megadeth WTF?

Started by Mangrove, April 08, 2010, 09:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I would love to see a Big 4 concert.  Despite the fact it would feature Metallica.  Especially if it features an Anthrax fronted by John Bush. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 12, 2010, 01:55:38 PM
I would love to see a Big 4 concert.  Despite the fact it would feature Metallica.  Especially if it features an Anthrax fronted by John Bush. 

I don't know why a concert with Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and Testament would have to include Metallica.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mangrove

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 12, 2010, 07:05:04 AM
If I could figure out how to list my favorite bands in order, no matter what order they were in I'm 100% certain that Megadeth would be the highest-ranked band I've never seen live. And now there would be no reason to bother.

:sadbanana:

Sorry dude.

No doubt, I'll totally kill what shred of credibility I had, by mentioning that the support band were Pantera and, not caring for them, I stayed in the bar and waited until they got off stage before entering the venue.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

East Coast Hustle

Don't be concerned about credibility, everyone likes what they like. You did miss a chance to see one of the best guitar players that ever picked up a six-string, and you'll never get the chance again. He was a special talent regardless of whether you generally like their music or not. If you're not a fan, check out their cover of Black Sabbath's "Planet Caravan" and listen to his playing.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mangrove

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 13, 2010, 07:02:19 AM
Don't be concerned about credibility, everyone likes what they like. You did miss a chance to see one of the best guitar players that ever picked up a six-string, and you'll never get the chance again. He was a special talent regardless of whether you generally like their music or not. If you're not a fan, check out their cover of Black Sabbath's "Planet Caravan" and listen to his playing.

And this is the thing. I didn't like Pantera, still don't. But Step Mang #3 does and he played me that very Black Sabbath cover and I was like: "Uh oh...that guy was really good and he's dead. Oops."
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 09, 2010, 10:59:21 AM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 09, 2010, 09:47:04 AM
Neither Reign in Blood nor South of Heaven is overtly anti-catholic. the songs are allegory, so I'm not sure what he would need to reconcile.

OK, aside from "Behind the Crooked Cross".
Though I can see and anti-Christian interpretation of the song, I've always thought "Behind the Crooked Cross" is about Nazis, told from the point of view of a German soldier as he becomes disillusioned with Hitler, with the crooked cross being a swastika. So I don't see a need to reconcile that with Catholicism, either (unless you were referring to the Hitler Youth background of the Pope, and not an anti-Christian message in the song itself).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

East Coast Hustle

I always interpreted it more generally, as a screed against the Catholic Church using its power militarily, either directly or through proxies. Not that I've really ever given it that much thought. South of heaven is my least favorite Slayer album, aside from anything that came out after "Diabolus en Musica".