News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Fact checking the Sunday news shows...

Started by LMNO, April 09, 2010, 02:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This could be fun.  Politifact has been invited to fact check ABC's "This Week", a weekend news roundtable.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/apr/08/politifact-fact-check-abc-this-week/

They'll post their results that Sunday, plus one or two things during the week.  This could possibly get interesting.

Cain

Isn't that the one which essentially has a permament slot for John McCain?  I know one of the Sunday news shows is guilty of that, but cannot remember which.

LMNO

I don't recall, because I don't watch the shows due to the easily predicatble soundbites and talking points.

AFK

McCain seems to get on all of them quite a bit though I haven't seen him on Meet the Press as much since Russert died.  But this should be interesting and I look forward to the results.  I'd love to see Fox News Sunday sign up for that as well but Wallace doesn't have the stones. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

I don't know ABC, what kind of channel are they? How bad, say, on a scale of zero to Fox News?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Moderate to liberal, with a large nod to corporate interests.

Requia ☣

ABC is firmly in the pocket of the republicrats, like every other major media outlet.  They're pretty much the same as the other 2 major broadcasting networks here (I can't even tell the three of them apart).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 09, 2010, 04:14:56 PM
I don't know ABC, what kind of channel are they? How bad, say, on a scale of zero to Fox News?

Their Sunday show was/is hosted by Clinton's first Press Secretary George Stepanopolous.  I'm not sure if he still is or not after Charlie Gibson left.  I thought I read somewhere he was going to Good Morning America to fill in Diane Sawyer's spot.  But yeah, they are probably the most Conservative-friendly of the 3 non-Fox networks. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 09, 2010, 08:05:54 PM
ABC is owned by Disney.

THIS.  Though, Disney was the first company, IIRC, to give benefits to gay partners of their employees.

But they also fired Bill Maher for his criticism of Bush during the 9/11 attacks.

So...yeah.

This Week has gone downhill since David Brinkley left.  Though it's full of lawl and lail when Sam Donaldson gets on there and harrangues the GOP.

Jenne