News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Freemasons to battle zombies

Started by Cain, April 12, 2010, 08:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

(My father's a mason and has been since 1984. I've never wanted to join, but it is something I'm interested in and have had lots of discussion about with him.)

From what I can gather from US masons that I've talked to, the membership has been in decline for a while and so there's been attempts to attract new interest with more open events. More controversially, there's been 'mass initiations' in order to bump up the numbers of Master Masons to stem the decline. The British masonic contingent viewed this with the utmost horror.

It would seem that the average age of masonic lodges is pretty old, through, from what I've heard, there's been an upsurge in interest from young male occultists.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

If I could find a way to make time for yet another night out of the house, I'd join up.

However, She What Gives Me Sex would be concerned that I'd voluntarily want to hang out with a bunch of old dudes in robes rather than spend time with her.

the last yatto

Quote from: Iptuous on April 13, 2010, 10:36:56 PM
is anybody on the board a mason already?

most of my family is, was  waiting myself until I was 33 to formally enroll
as the first lodge you join kinda stays with you...
its like your home room if view a lodge as say a college

Quote from: Iptuous on April 14, 2010, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 14, 2010, 03:10:09 PM
I do know that many Masonic lodges are indeed holding Open Recruitment days, due to declining membership.
doesn't this make them ripe for infiltration?
:evil:

join the blue lodge tell them about the grey lodge or :?

if you want to sign up merely for trolling, id recommend knights of Columbus as most of their leadership is catholic
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I get the impression that, even with the ban in place on talking about politics and religion, the infiltration of a lodge with, say, 5% discordians would significantly change the actions of the whole lodge.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mangrove

Quote from: Pēleus on April 15, 2010, 08:09:47 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on April 13, 2010, 10:36:56 PM
is anybody on the board a mason already?

most of my family is, was  waiting myself until I was 33 to formally enroll
as the first lodge you join kinda stays with you...
its like your home room if view a lodge as say a college

Quote from: Iptuous on April 14, 2010, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 14, 2010, 03:10:09 PM
I do know that many Masonic lodges are indeed holding Open Recruitment days, due to declining membership.
doesn't this make them ripe for infiltration?
:evil:

join the blue lodge tell them about the grey lodge or :?

if you want to sign up merely for trolling, id recommend knights of Columbus as most of their leadership is catholic

Most of? I would suggest 'all of'. The Knights of Columbus was founded as an alternative so that Catholics wouldn't become masons.

Mangrove

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on April 15, 2010, 08:25:42 PM
I get the impression that, even with the ban in place on talking about politics and religion, the infiltration of a lodge with, say, 5% discordians would significantly change the actions of the whole lodge.

Extremely unlikely.

the last yatto

Quote from: Mangrove on April 15, 2010, 09:28:11 PM

Most of? I would suggest 'all of'. The Knights of Columbus was founded as an alternative so that Catholics wouldn't become masons.

yeah but that ban was lifted so Catholics can become masons if they so wish...
thus been mixing for a few years now, so its likely a exceptional protestant, or who ever, could have some standing

theres even a rival pope saying this is masonic stuff is blasphemy, who runs the really real roman catholic church
which reminds me of a really bad moronic offshoot of the Vatican
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mangrove

Quote from: Pēleus on April 15, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on April 15, 2010, 09:28:11 PM

yeah but that ban was lifted so Catholics can become masons if they so wish...
thus been mixing for a few years now, so its likely a exceptional protestant, or who ever, could have some standing

theres even a rival pope saying this is masonic stuff is blasphemy, who runs the really real roman catholic church
which reminds me of a really bad moronic offshoot of the Vatican

The ban was never lifted AFAIK. Catholics who become masons still can be denied the sacraments. The Vatican repeatedly issue 'reminders' that their anti-Masonry stance still holds on account of it teaching 'religious pluralism'. (Because if men of different religious get together in the spirit of brotherhood, it means they are ignoring Catholicism as the ONE TRUE RELIGION tm!)

I only know this because a friend of mine (Catholic) joined the masons recently, quite innocently in fact. Then when he was doing some online reading, discovered lots of anti-masonic sentiment. From what I can find is that the Vatican are still down on the idea of masonry. How enforceable this is, is another matter.

Elder Iptuous

No, i'd be signing up primarily for the hat and for personal gain through networking...

Eris' Heiress

Anyone know if any lodges admit women yet? Fuck the Amaranth & Eastern Star, they're all old ladies in sequins.
You can lead a man to reason, but you cannot make him think.

Sometimes I tire of hearing nothing but the sound of my own thoughts.

Freeky

Quote from: erisheiress on May 29, 2010, 12:51:39 AM
Anyone know if any lodges admit women yet? Fuck the Amaranth & Eastern Star, they're all old ladies in sequins.

I think I heard that some of them do, via History Channel.