News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

OK, this simply has to stop - Sproutarians

Started by Cain, April 12, 2010, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Oh yes, you thought fruitarians were taking it a step too far, but these guys are way on the other side of crazyville.

QuoteA Sproutarian is one who eats mainly sprouts. Sprouts are said to be extremely nutritious because they contain everything the plant needs to grow, that is, protein, carbohydrate and oil. When the seed germinates these turn into natural sugars and predigested amino acids which the plant then uses as food. When we eat the sprouts, we are eating the life force of the plant which has the energy capable of generating cells. It is for this reason that it is thought that sprouts can help to slow down the aging process.

Sprouts also contain female as well as male hormones and contain the highest amounts of vitamins of any food. Almost any seed can be sprouted. Broccoli sprouts is said to be extremely healthy and they don't taste so bad either. You could try sprouting seeds at home and some popular ones to try include alfalfa, peas, fenugreek, fennel and celery seed.

Or you could try a balanced diet and plenty of exercise, like normal people.

Doktor Howl

:lulz:

Not as funny as breatharians, but still a hoot.
Molon Lube

Cain

Sources indicate there may be considerable overlap between the two groups, but I'm finding nothing so far...then again, I've been up for 25 hours now, so I'm probably doing it wrong.

Freeky

Triple Zero

SPROUTARIANS ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE THAT EAT BABY PLANT FETUSES!!!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Elder Iptuous

i can't see the site behind my works nannywall....  :sad:
what's the crazy with these folks?  sprouts are supposed to be pretty nutritious, aren't they?
i mean, i guess it's probably not the most efficient use of resources in the vein of food weight per seed, but...
do they make ridiculous claims?  (like the breatharians do?)

we need more ridiculous 'X'-arians....
hm... perhaps something blatantly corporate, like Monsontarians claiming that by eating only Monsonto branded produce one can live significantly longer.
or perhaps humanarians claiming that eating solely sloughed off skin, fingernails, and hair is beneficial (what could be more balanced for human consumption than human, after all?)

Richter

I'm still waiting for violent vegetarians to hunt meat eaters for fertilizer.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2010, 11:27:14 PM
:lulz:

Not as funny as breatharians, but still a hoot.

:argh!: I wanted to bring up Breatharianism!
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sprouts are delicious on sandwiches.

However, eating mainly sprouts seems like it would clean your system out in a fairly violent fashion, on an unpleasant level.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Remington

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 23, 2010, 05:41:34 AM

However, eating mainly sprouts seems like it would clean your system out in a fairly violent fashion, on an unpleasant level.
There's a pleasant way to clean out your system violently?

Remington,
Genuinely interested
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on April 23, 2010, 06:10:19 AM

Remington,
Genuinely interested

Sometimes a good violent expulsion makes everything better. I am pretty sure than on a diet consisting mainly of sprouts, making "everything better" is not an option.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Remington on April 23, 2010, 06:10:19 AM

Remington,
Genuinely interested

I do it all the time.  I am the bane of restaurant bathrooms everywhere.

Dok,
Needs a pressure gauge installed on his colon.
Molon Lube

Template

There is inadequate talk of eating babies in this thread.

SRSLY, eating sprouts wastes seeds.  Less nutrition per seed put in the ground, possibly less productivity per unit farmland.  How decadent.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 23, 2010, 05:04:59 PM
Dok,
Needs a pressure gauge installed on his colon.

Dok,
if you are ever in need of assessing your situation, i'm fairly certain that i could evaluate your colon pressure based on nothing more than your current posting activity...

:wink: