News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Discordianism Infects The Internet

Started by Lord Quantum, April 13, 2010, 02:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Quantum

So I was looking around at Absurdist Literary mags because I wanted to find out how hard it is to get something accepted to one of these folks and I found this.
http://www.absurdist.cc/?q=node/3050

So either somebody from here cut and posted something from the GASM command board or Discordianism really is taking over the Internet, one site at a time. Has anybody else seen anything like this? Little Discordian name checks or whatever?
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Cramulus

:lol: that's pretty cool.

we've been the official religion of the internet since 1886, so it's not surprising that people mention us now and then.  :p

Reginald Ret

:lol:
Discordianism is alot bigger than PD.com.
This is a good thing.
Don't make the mistake of assuming all good ideas come from here.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

wudgar

We are the penicillin, They are the infection.
Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

President Television

Quote from: wudgar on April 17, 2010, 04:51:55 AM
We are the penicillin, They are the infection.

Uh no, I'm pretty sure we're the infection.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rococo Modem Basilisk

We're the infection that battles the other infection. Like that time they brought in africanized bees to regulate population on that native species.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Triple Zero

We're the PUSS. That infects the MUCUS. That cruds up the FUNGUS. That feeds on the POND SCUM.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

AFK

We are the world.
We are the children.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

BadBeast

Quote from: Regret on April 13, 2010, 05:32:44 PM
:lol:
Discordianism is alot bigger than PD.com.
This is a good thing.
Don't make the mistake of assuming all good ideas come from here.

Reminds me of something William Shakespeare nearly said,  something along the lines of "Beware the March of Ideas".
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4