News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Because The Tudors just isn't good enough...

Started by Suu, April 12, 2010, 08:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Yeah. Bad Christians!

That always cracks me up. Up through the 18th century, YOU KEPT YOUR HEAD COVERED.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Suu should lose her fucking mind in a letter to whatever station this is on. And definitely send it.

LMNO

I'd prefer a YouTube video where she completely loses her shit and strangles a puppy, and make it go viral.

Suu

I'm going to be starting my Costume Nazi blog soon. Stay tuned.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Just be careful how you arrange those words, otherwise, you're going to get a lot of Jesse James fans.

Cain

lolz, they picked some Canadian pretty-boi to play Cesare.  Irons was a good choice, but that seems to be the only one.

Da6s

Quote from: Cramulus on April 12, 2010, 09:12:56 PM
I only learned about Pope Alexander VI after beating Assassin's Creed 2. (BTW, you'd probably love that game, Suu, if only for the period costumes and level design based on actual maps of early renaissance Italian cities. The streets of italy should be filled with a bit more filth and plague, but the whole game is visually GORGEOUS. ) I think Jeremy Irons is a good pick for him. I mean he's pretty much the worst pope ever. Politics were fucking EXCITING in that period!

Came here to say the same thing.

And for the record, that series (game) is amazing, and all should play it.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 13, 2010, 07:03:12 PM
Just be careful how you arrange those words, otherwise, you're going to get a lot of Jesse James fans.

For the record, I'd just like to say that the only thing the Nazis had going for them was the fact that they were sharp dressers. Other than that, well, we all know the tragic end of that story.

President Television

Quote from: Suu on April 13, 2010, 07:20:47 PM
For the record, I'd just like to say that the only thing the Nazis had going for them was the fact that they were sharp dressers.

Truth. Say what you will about the Nazis, they had excellent fashion sense. Well, their uniform designer, anyway.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I get ancient and classical Greek architecture rage in a similar fashion to Suu on this.

Suu

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on April 14, 2010, 02:57:44 AM
I get ancient and classical Greek architecture rage in a similar fashion to Suu on this.

DORIC OR GTFO.

Sir Squid Diddimus

DICKS OR GTFO!

wait...

oh, i went to narnia again

-Kel-

Suu is going to hate their casting choice for Anne of Cleves if you make it to the third season.

Suu

I already noticed she was English I think. I just saw a flashback, I can't watch the whole thing.