News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

The Magnificient Chicken.

Started by Adios, April 15, 2010, 07:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I used thighs but a breast would work as well.

Rub with jalapeno jelly. Season with sea salt, oregano, cilantro, basil and a slight touch of crushed mint. Place in oven safe dish. Add worchestershire sauce. Chop green onions and sprinkle over chicken. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 160 degrees. Serve on a bed of garlic brown skillet rice.

Enjoy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hawk on April 15, 2010, 07:24:55 PM

Rub with jalapeno jelly.

:lmnuendo:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Rub with jalapeno jelly. Season with sea salt, oregano, cilantro, basil and a slight touch of crushed mint. Place in oven safe dish. Add worchestershire sauce. Chop green onions and sprinkle over chicken. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 160 degrees. Serve on a bed of garlic brown skillet rice.

Enjoy.

HAWK!  YOU HATH RETURED!

Good to see you, man!

Adios

Thanks Jenne, been pretty busy until recently.

Jenne

And now I'm wondering how easy it is to make jalapeno jelly...

Adios

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 15, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

Rub with jalapeno jelly.

:lmnuendo:

NEVER RUB JALAPENO JELLY ON THE INNER THIGHZ

snow bomb

I have a good chicken recipe, though its a tad more complicated.

Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, A.K.A "What are you doing to that poor chicken?"

Chicken thighs are required.  Thighs and legs are acceptable.  There is no place for white meat in this dish.  Peel 40 cloves of garlic.  I rarely take the time to actually count, I just use 3 bulbs or so.  Brown the garlic in a saute pan.  Non stick is not acceptable.  You cannot achieve proper carmelization with a non stick pan.  Remove the garlic from the pan.  Leave the skin on the chicken, then give it a proper browning.  Add the garlic back to the pan.  Cover the chicken and garlic about 2/3rds of the way up with a mixture of a good white wine, and chicken stock.  Taragon and thyme are amazing herbs for this dish.  Shove them in the saute pan with the rest of the stuff in there.  Heat it all on the stovetop to a simmer, then put it in the oven at about 250 degrees.  An oven safe lid is optimal, if you don't have one, use tinfoil.  Let it simmer in there for about 45 minutes.  Remove from the oven, don't burn yourself.  Remove about 3/4 of the whole garlic cloves from the morass you have in the pan.  Using a tiny, tiny food processor, pulse the garlic until its smooth, then add it back into the pan with the liquid.  Reduce the whole mess until it is the texture of a lovely, lovely sauce.  Finish it by adding a shot or 2 of cognac.  Serve it over cous cous.  The sauce is the best part, you'll need bread to capture the lovely deliciousness.

I'm aware that this isn't in proper recipe format, but I'm pretty much over it.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Another n00b who posts a delicious recipe as his first post!

Did someone tip you off?  :lulz:

Either way, welcome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

snow bomb

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 28, 2010, 04:53:14 AM
Another n00b who posts a delicious recipe as his first post!

Did someone tip you off?  :lulz:

Either way, welcome!

Well, kind of yes.

I know my way around a kitchen, despite my lack of recipe formatting up ^^ there.  I'm really shy so... I'll stick to food for now.

edit:  in order to peel garlic without feeling like you're doing far too much work, bring a small sauce pan of water to a boil.  Break the bulb up into still skin covered cloves, then immerse in boiling water for no longer than 60 seconds.  Immediately into an ice water bath.  You're not trying to COOK it yet, just to peel it.  Skin comes off easily.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I would leave out the oregano and worshisterchshshsire and not put the onions on till after it was cooked.
but that's just my opinion.

just looked a little too busy ::shrug::

Also-- JALAPENO JELLY!!!!!!!!!++

Mesozoic Mister Nigel